DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was doing an install the other day of a 625 reciever. the customer wanted to keep the broadband internet, but didn't want anymore cables to be run. i have heard that you can incorporate this using diplexers but i couldn't figure it out. I could get tv1 to work with signal but couldnt get tv 2 running or the internet. Does anyone know how to do this? If so a printable diagram would be great help so I could hand it out to all my techs.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand how to diplex for tv 2, I have been doing it for a while. There is a way using a totoal of 4 diplexers to tie in the internet using the same cable for internet and satellite.

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
Not on the same cable.

Edit - There can't be anything but cable between pairs of diplexers. If your thinking

LNB = 1 cable = DPP Seperator, and use 1 pair of diplexers for TV2, and a second pair of diplexers from outside to the cable modem, MAYBE.

But I would still advise leaving the cable modem on it's OWN run of RG6 . Certainly - that will be the FIRST THING that the cable techs will look at if your customer is having cable internet problems.

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
I understand how to diplex for tv 2, I have been doing it for a while. There is a way using a totoal of 4 diplexers to tie in the internet using the same cable for internet and satellite.
actually, i think a standard coax splitter/joiner would work for combining the cable internet signal and the tv2 signal "outside" and splitting them back "inside"

i'll diagram it if that doesn't make sense...pretty sure it will work though....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.