DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
underpaidinstaller said:
I....sometimes i dont bother doin it neat because most of the time when i do super neat job all wires hidden everything done up to code...the guy still didnt give me a tip...
I certainly hope you always do everything "done up to code" - failure to do otherwise is negligent and irresponsible, and exposes both you and your employer to the possibility of litigation.

I fully agree that your pay schedule does not encourage you to do a professional job, but the limited information from your posts suggests that you are not the installer I would want working at my house. There is also pride in the work you do. I would never do a job that I wouldn't be proud to come back to and show the work off as mine.

As far as tips - that has been discussed here in other threads. I usually do tip for above average service. I do not ever negotiate a tip in advance, and if I ever had someone hint or suggest to me that the only way I would get a professional job done was by providing a big enough tip - they wouldn't even get started on the job.

Carl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.