DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· AllStar
74 Posts
I am an HVAC contractor. If I did any kind of install and discussed a tip up front, I would be fired as I represent a PROFESSIONAL company. It is not my place to discuss any kind of compensation for a scheduled, billable job (I do understand that some service work issues must be explained up front if it wasn't part of a standard install but that can be handled by a representative in our office). Sure, I would talk to the customer beforehand and discuss any options and concerns that customer may have regarding the installation of equipment and try to find an AMICABLE way of completeing that job. 99% of the time, the customer will assist in moving furniture, material , etc. so that I can do my job in a timely, organized manner. I also take the time to CLEAN UP AFTER WORK IS PERFORMED! If that were my house, I want the site left the way it was when job was first started, any other way would be a disgrace. I always explain to the customer that if there are any questions after work is done, after that customer inspects the work, deal with questions before I leave and even afterwards I leave my cell phone number and office number and contact name if any further questions arise. It upsets me personally when I hear of these types of stories because it is not much to ask for any kind of installer to be kind, courteous and hopefully professional in the manner they carry themselves. Otherwise they should look for work elsewhere!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.