DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
MudMover said:
JLuc....I did realize that it is an add-on....What I was hoping is that because D* does not provide my HD locals....there would be a "no fee" or "discounted fee" for having to get my HD OTA rather than thru D*. But alas....it seems capitalism is at work here!

And now I read another post...where Huntsville may be out of the running on D11....bummer.

My local NBC affiliate is a low power station...currently at 41kW and upgrading some time from now (according to FCC filings) to 88KW....but that's probably not enough to burn thru this RF shadow I'm currently in. The Analog is poor at best OTA...I may go up on my antenna another 10 ft.

Mainly I was just hoping for the HD signal via the AM21 so I could use the DVR feature too....especially when the fall shows come out.
Echostar is coming out with an OTA DVR the TR-50.Might be something to check into.For more information on OTA antennas and what you would need check out.
www.antennaweb.org ;)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Rob-NovA said:
Does anyone know if former HR10-250 owners are eligible for an AM-21? I do get all my HD locals except for PBS. If it was relatively cheap (as in free or just shipping) I would probably go for it, otherwise, PBS HD will be here eventually.
Do you have the HR21 now?.If so you could call DirecTV and tell them the AM21 wasn't available when you upgraded from the HR10-250.If not when you upgrade to the HR21 you just tell them you need OTA.;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.