DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded an opera on the Sirius channel yesterday and when I play it back it shows on the forward/reverse bar screen that it is 2 hours 20 minutes long - which is right.
However, in the my recordings section it shows 25:50. I take it that means 25 hours and 50 minutes. How can that be?

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Displayed information from recording the audio channels doesn't come out right. It's been a bug from the first day that I've had a 622, but it's not a very high priority item to fix yet.

·
Legend
127 Posts
I am sure it is because the audio channels have a MUCH lower bittrate, and they should have since there is no picture. The DVR is simply figuring length based on file size, which does seem strange.

·
Super Moderator
53,153 Posts
With video files they seem to get it right. An hour of 1080i OTA lists as an hour. An hour of MPEG2 HD satellite lists as an hour. An hour of MPEG4 HD satellite lists as an hour. An hour of SD satellite lists as an hour. In the case of video it seems more EPG based than file size based.

That being said, recording from an OTA video source that has no EPG seems to lead to "recovered" programs that are not always the correct length. Perhaps the oddity of the EPG on the Sirius channel is helping this problem?

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I did not know it was a bug. Like someone said, no big deal but it did seem strange and now I know why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.