DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
I mainly run Single mode. Cool think with the 622 is that it is easy to flip into Dual mode when needed. As for what mode I use when in dual, I am not sure because I rarely use it for more than a few hours and it is to watch live content in the garage.

· Legend
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron Barry said:
I mainly run Single mode. Cool think with the 622 is that it is easy to flip into Dual mode when needed. As for what mode I use when in dual, I am not sure because I rarely use it for more than a few hours and it is to watch live content in the garage.
Can you tell I'm getting antsy to have this installed on Saturday?
Sounds like some really top notch technology!

· Icon
627 Posts

· AllStar
95 Posts
I typically run in dual mode, as described in Scenario 3. I love being able to control 2 tvs off of the single unit. I sometimes consider switching to single mode, but I've never really liked picture-in-picture and don't generally find myself wanting to switch tuners anymore.

For me, not having to worry about remembering to switch modes when I want to wach tv upstairs outweighs the single mode features. As far as I can tell, it isn't possible to switch the mode from the remote, which would be fantastic.

· Mentor
36 Posts
I use mine in single mode all the time. I like the PIP function and being able to watch one thing while recording something else, something I couldn't do on my old one tuner DVR.

· Legend
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gsarjeant said:
I typically run in dual mode, as described in Scenario 3. I love being able to control 2 tvs off of the single unit. I sometimes consider switching to single mode, but I've never really liked picture-in-picture and don't generally find myself wanting to switch tuners anymore.

For me, not having to worry about remembering to switch modes when I want to wach tv upstairs outweighs the single mode features. As far as I can tell, it isn't possible to switch the mode from the remote, which would be fantastic.
Oh, you've actually got to switch modes on the unit and not on the remote? Seems like a remote option should be available.

· AllStar
95 Posts
nneptune said:
Oh, you've actually got to switch modes on the unit and not on the remote? Seems like a remote option should be available.
Yes, that was my thinking, too. Granted, I have missed functions on this remote before, but so far I haven't found a way to swap modes from the remote.

· AllStar
93 Posts
The closest to what I have is #2. I have the TV2 RF output to 2 TVs upstairs, but I also have the TV2 composite out to the video 1 input on my Sony in the family room. The Sony has "twin view" - side-by-side dual pictures. I bought a couple of TV2 remotes on eBay for $15.

· Legend
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PeggyD said:
The closest to what I have is #2. I have the TV2 RF output to 2 TVs upstairs, but I also have the TV2 composite out to the video 1 input on my Sony in the family room. The Sony has "twin view" - side-by-side dual pictures. I bought a couple of TV2 remotes on eBay for $15.
E* is having my installer bring a couple of #2 remotes since I want to make sure I have UHF in both rooms. My daughter will be 2 on X-mas, and her favorite place to stand is right in front of the receiver...IF remotes just won't do it for me.

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
nneptune said:
No remote option. Imagine if there was one and another person in the house kept turning it off because they wanted to use the PIP or even better yet just to mess with your head. ;) Yes I know they can still do it via the mode button but it takes a more delibrate action. If it was one the remote it would be more prone to have it happen.

· AllStar
55 Posts
PeggyD said:
I also have the TV2 composite out to the video 1 input on my Sony in the family room. The Sony has "twin view" - side-by-side dual pictures.
I operate in single mode for the occasional use of PIP. I do have a TV2 in another room and sometimes watch it.

I have a 50 in. Panasonic (TV1) that has side by side ("twin view") capabilities and I am planning to do a TV2 output to that TV (TV1) for watching multiple games. I know that the TV2 output will be SD, but it still will be a nice feature. I am considering an OTA direct connect to the TV give the capability of side by side pictures with E* and OTA Locals.

· AllStar
95 Posts
Ron Barry said:
No remote option. Imagine if there was one and another person in the house kept turning it off because they wanted to use the PIP or even better yet just to mess with your head. ;)
I imagine that shipping the unit with a nightstick would help alleviate this. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.