DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legend
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and am waiting for an HR20. I added my name to the waiting list by telephone last week. I live in New Jersey and am curious to know how long others in this area have waited before receiving a call. Is there a faster way to get a unit than the call-in waiting list? I have already worked out a deal with Customer Retention, so now I'm just waiting for notification that a unit is available.

Just a note: I am currently using a 10-250 and have been a DTV subscriber for more than 10 years. I have been a avid reader of the DirecTivo Forum and lately, of this forum as well. As a general rule I've found the contributors on this forum to be more helpful to each other and far less whiny about their experiences with the DirecTV and the HR20. It is most likely due to the influence of Earl and the other moderators. But whatever the reason, I hope it doesn't change

·
Godfather
417 Posts
Why wait. I ordered 2 through Amazon from American Satellite and got them 3 days later. They have them in stock.

jtm said:
I am new to this forum and am waiting for an HR20. I added my name to the waiting list by telephone last week. I

·
Legend
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll wait because the price from DTV is great. Plus I want to have new lines run so that I can continue to use the 10-250

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
I was also on the waiting list, which said it would be 2-3 weeks before I would get a call. I came on these forums and did some research, people said that directv would leave a message for you to call them for an installation setup date when they had one ready for you. So what I did was call the next day and tell them I received the message and the directv rep scheduled me an appointment for Dec 30. I then went on the directv website and changed my install date to the 8th, and I did all this on the 5th of Dec. So it took 4 days total from the time I put myself on the waiting list (Dec 4th) to the day my HR20 was installed (Dec 8th). Just letting you know this because the only reason they make you wait is because they are holding their stock for new customers, and hanging the current customers out to dry. The installer himself told me this. He had plenty and said he thought that directv should honor their loyal customers and not treat them like that. Hope this helps.

·
Legend
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I'll try it tomorrow. What number did you call to schedule the appointment?

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
jtm said:
Thanks for the info. I think I'll try it tomorrow. What number did you call to schedule the appointment?
this is the number I used

1-888-355-7530

good luck, just be persistent

·
Mentor
33 Posts
if I buy a HR20 from amazon or ebay.. would I still have to pay for the lease?? rumors from friends told me this, but I am saying if I buy it then why should I have to lease it..

any comments will be greatly apprecited.

Brad

PS just bought on on ebay, also just bougth a AT9 on ebay..

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
bluegoose said:
if I buy a HR20 from amazon or ebay.. would I still have to pay for the lease?? rumors from friends told me this, but I am saying if I buy it then why should I have to lease it..

any comments will be greatly apprecited.

Brad

PS just bought on on ebay, also just bougth a AT9 on ebay..
Welcome to the forums both of you! :welcome_s

You still pay an "additional receiver fee" which is the same as the "lease" fee, but the equipment, if purchased from a legal seller, is completely yours.

cheers,
Tom

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
bluegoose said:
thanks for the kinds words..I dont understand the additional fee, if I have only one IRD the HR20 why the additional fee?
Oops, you are correct. No additional receiver fee for the first IRD.

Merry Christmas,
Tom

·
Legend
134 Posts
I know that my local Best Buy had them on the shelf this past weekend. You might want to check there or similar stores if you need to have it now.

·
AllStar
55 Posts
I ordered one from Circuit City last week, paid for expidited shipping and received it Friday, in time for today's scheduled installation date.

Unfortunately, I received a call Saturday morning, saying they had to reschedule my installation, because the dish is out of stock until after the first of the year! Now, I'm rescheduled for 1/8. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.