DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Hopefully someone has experience with this -- I'd like to sign up for the HD package for 1 day to get tonight's Monday night game, then cancel and have the 1 day cost prorated -- is there a minimum day/month charge assessed by DirecTV? I don't plan to abuse this, it's the only time this year I plan on doing it. Has anyone tried this with a movie channel, etc.?

Thanks,
Mike

·
DBSTalk Club Member
311 Posts
DirecTV policy is to charge you an extra $10 fee if you cancel any programming addition in less than 30 days. That started recently. This was done to discourage signing up for short periods.

·
Icon
650 Posts
If you talk to retention they will probably give you 6 free months of hd programming. Otherwise just pay the $10 for hd programming and stop being cheap? You bought a HDTV but are haggling over $10 for HD programming? :)

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not haggling. I'm trying to gather information. ESPN is the only channel I want, and I only want it for 1 game on 1 day (last night's football game). I completely understand DirecTV's policy, I just wanted to understand it completely so I could make my decision. My decision to forgo DirecTV's HD programming is because it is expensive for what you get, and abysmal. My OTA is sufficient.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts
It's people like you that pushed D* to institute the premium channel disconnect fee.

·
Banned
614 Posts
rirwin1983 said:
Well those of us that are ohio state fans in columbus were "forced" to add the sports pak to be able to watch the indiana game. since it was only shown on ESPNU.
You don't need to buy sports pack to get your regional sports network in SD or HD, and for ESPN, and some Fox Sports.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,503 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
You don't need to buy sports pack to get your regional sports network in SD or HD, and for ESPN, and some Fox Sports.
But for the cases cited, you do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.