DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there has been a new download a few days ago but neither of my HR20s has updated. I live in the San Francisico Bay Area. I know Earl said it would be a slow roll out but I alwas got the others the first day. How long should I wait and what do I need to do ?

Any one in the Bay Area got the download yet ?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
This particular release, is even "more" limited then previous ones.
If all goes well over the weekend, you should probably expect it next week.

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Thanks, It seems like every time they rollout a down load It gets a little more stable. Keep it up.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
This is what Earl meant when he said we'd be complaining about something other than "no OTA" this week. We're complaining that the OTA update is being rolled out so slowly. :)

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Probably a foolish question, but does anyone know if D*ever does a friday night release? Would it be safer to assume that they will use this weekend as a sort of test weekend for those who already have it and continue with the rollout next week? I am just giddy and hoping that all left coasters get it today, therefore bumping me up a day. :)

·
6 Posts
Earl,

I know you said it would be a slow release and most of us would be getting it by next week, but do you know if they did a limited release to the so cal folks and then stopped, or are they continuing to roll it out at a slow pace?

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
mwright3 said:
Earl,

I know you said it would be a slow release and most of us would be getting it by next week, but do you know if they did a limited release to the so cal folks and then stopped, or are they continuing to roll it out at a slow pace?
Welcome to the forums! :welcome_s

Earl indicated that this was a very limited rollout, review the results of the weekend, and then normal rollout pace next week if there aren't any problems.

Cheers,
Tom

·
6 Posts
Thanks Tibber. Then I only have 1 more question. Why is there a did you receive it and put it on the map discussion if no one is even going to receive anymore downloads until at least Monday?

·
Legend
228 Posts
Maybe the CSR's were right after all. While D* has "officially" met their commitment to delivering OTA by 'late Q4', the reality is that the majority of us won't receive it until Q1-07.......:mad:

...now, about that staged moon landing.......

·
Icon
730 Posts
PoitNarf said:
How long you ask? Pick a date that you absolutely need it by, then add a week to that :lol:
Don't you mean add a month or two? Took six weeks for 6.3 on my HR10. Painfully slow rollout for that update. Hopefully this one won't be as slow, but it's like I've always said, DTV is nothing if not consistant.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
mwright3 said:
Thanks Tibber. Then I only have 1 more question. Why is there a did you receive it and put it on the map discussion if no one is even going to receive anymore downloads until at least Monday?
I put the map up. Many folks had called for it in the past. TiVo updates didn't always flow out as quickly as DirecTV updates have. As it turns out, it took only a small amount of effort. I thought it was going to be harder as well, but it ended up being pretty easy. So, up it went - more as an experiment than a something real. I think some of us (me) like to beat ourselves over the head :lol:

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I'm glad you put it up, I find it interesting to watch the migration (as long as too many people don't entertain themselves by lying)

·
6 Posts
brott said:
I put the map up. Many folks had called for it in the past. TiVo updates didn't always flow out as quickly as DirecTV updates have. As it turns out, it took only a small amount of effort. I thought it was going to be harder as well, but it ended up being pretty easy. So, up it went - more as an experiment than a something real. I think some of us (me) like to beat ourselves over the head :lol:
That's fine. I just thought maybe it was starting to download now, and you were tracking where the downloads were coming from, but it seems to me that only people in so cal got the update and everyone else is either making it up or they work for direct tv.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
qlanus said:
Maybe the CSR's were right after all. While D* has "officially" met their commitment to delivering OTA by 'late Q4', the reality is that the majority of us won't receive it until Q1-07.......:mad:

...now, about that staged moon landing.......
Nope.... Like I said many times over... if things go well... you will all start to get the latest software update... shortly.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Nope.... Like I said many times over... if things go well... you will all start to get the latest software update... shortly.
Before the majority of college bowls begin? Oops, wrong software update. :D

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
tfederov said:
Before the majority of college bowls begin? Oops, wrong software update. :D
I am glad someone reads my posts... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.