DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Legend
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new dvr to replace a hr10 that was constantly rebooting. It now appears it was a d* problem with D*Tivos and that I probably don't need the new dvr. I can return it but would have to pay shipping cost and I really wouldn't mind keeping the new dvr for later use since I have several older receivers. Is there any time limit on how long I can keep a new dvr without activating it?

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
carl6 said:
I believe it is supposed to be activated within 30 days. I do not know what happens if you don't, or whether or not you would be able to activate it in the future.
There's a non activation fee.

OP you won't pay D&H you can either refuse the shipment or call DIRECTV and they can send you a label.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
The replacement receiver MUST be used to replace the receiver in question, failure to do so, will result in charges to your account.

· Godfather
743 Posts
You should keep the newer DVR.
You are loosing a lot of available programming with that HR10. It only can decode MPG2 transmissions. Not, the newest MPG4 HD programming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.