DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How long does it take NPS to activate DNS channels ?

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  cj9788 
#1 ·
Instantly, minutes, hours, days ? Will they be working on Sunday to take my call :confused:

#2 ·
They don't take calls. Website only! :)

(They probably should activate the "AllAmericanDirect.com" website as well as "MyDistantNetworks". NPS has changed it's homepage link to the DBS distants site.)

I realize that NPS has been in the DBS distants business for two days now (going on three) but first impressions are important!

#3 ·
Actually they do take calls and if you are calling in regard to DNS and your information was not forwarded to them from E*, then that is the end of the conversation with them. One of the most amusing parts of this little scheme is both NPS and E* adamantly proclaim they are separate entities with no affiliation/connection with the other. They are working from the same script in that respect as I challenged them both this evening in separate phone calls on a couple of points which prove otherwise.

#4 ·
They certainly don't make it easy to call. You have to dig up their other website.

#5 ·
James Long said:
They certainly don't make it easy to call. You have to dig up their other website.
800-909-9677

They were there today. You have a 50-50 chance of getting a live rep or the VRU. If you qualify (they have your phone number it the system) you can order right then and there from either live rep or VRU.

#6 ·
cj9788 said:
800-909-9677

They were there today. You have a 50-50 chance of getting a live rep or the VRU. If you qualify (they have your phone number it the system) you can order right then and there from either live rep or VRU.
Well have you ever heard of a company selling your information to a third party? Maybe NPS bought the information off DISH Network when they leased the satelitte to carry the networks that they are legally able to sell. Maybe that was part of the deal. Hopefully this is the case, it would make the situation pretty much legal imo, DISH leasing the room to NPS, AAD, whatever they call it, then selling Distant Subscribers information to the company. It's no different then the phone company sellling your phone number to telemarketers.

#7 ·
Ohioankev said:
Well have you ever heard of a company selling your information to a third party? Maybe NPS bought the information off DISH Network when they leased the satelitte to carry the networks that they are legally able to sell. Maybe that was part of the deal. Hopefully this is the case, it would make the situation pretty much legal imo, DISH leasing the room to NPS, AAD, whatever they call it, then selling Distant Subscribers information to the company. It's no different then the phone company sellling your phone number to telemarketers.
And if pigs could fly.......

The bottom line is NPS does not need any info from E* at all to provide the service. All the info should come from the paying customer. NPS and E* sunk themselves by offern DNS the way they are. All NPS should ask you for is your service address. If that qualifies then they should get your name and smart card numbers for channel auth and billing purposes. If they only want to sell E* customers DNS then they will know you are not a E* customer by the smart card numbers.

IMO NPS can choose to only sell to E* customers if they want. That for me is not the issue. The issue is they are acting in concert with E* the moment they use the info E* provided to sell DNS.

I am one of the biggest E* supporters here. But when something stinks I am going to speak up.

#8 ·
Here are a couple of pages taken from the agreement between E* and NPS (as made public via the court documents system where it has been filed by both the plantiffs and by NPS in separate filings).

The first selection is on NPS's use of the service. I was wrong earlier, there is a non-compete where IF NPS chooses to offer distants E* will not offer distants in competition with NPS.

The second selection governs subscriber information.

The third selection is four pages from E*'s opposition to the motion that they be held in contempt. I've posted the full document above ... read these four pages and see if you notice any variances between what is claimed and real life.

The fourth selection is from NPS's opposition to the motion - read paragraphs 23 and 24 specifically.

I don't see how the "relationship" that E* and NPS has matches the relationship they claim in the documents. E* is apparently approving NPS DBS DNS subscriptions --- until customers routinely can subscribe to NPS DBS DNS without first being a listed E* DNS customer there is no way they can prove separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.