Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
AllStar
93 Posts
wedge40 said:
:(
I like D* and cant see not ever having it, but they treat their loyal customers like crap.

Wedge
That was my experience in early 2002 and that is why I terminated the service then. This yr I reactivated my old equipment and inquired about an upgrade to HD. They offered me the H20m AT9 dish and multiswitch for $99 plus $19.99 for S&H with a $100 rebate. To make a long story short, the rebate was denied because I had been a customer back in 2002. I called the number on the card and politely explained to the CSR that I was never told that I would not qualify for the rebate at the time I ordered. I presumed the gentleman that took my order could have seen my old records since we never moved or changed phone numbers but he never said a thing. The lady put me on hold and came back with a settlement. Ten bucks off my monthly bill for the next 12 months. DEAL!

Five months later, I was also able to get the HR20 for $150. I paid $299 at Best Buy and DTV gave $150 credit on my bill. I got that from having a nice chat with someone in retentions. ( we talked about all the problems I was having with HD and the high cost of the DVRs compared to cabletv. He offered to note my account to credit $150 upon activation of the HR20. A day later I called DTV to verify that he had noted that on the account. That's a must!!! )

My advice is to call retentions express your concerns and be polite. Your mileage may vary but if you are not under contract and have always paid your bill on time, you should be able to get a deal.

I forgot to mention, a month ago, DTV replaced 4 of my oldest SD receivers with the new style because the parental controls did not work with my locals.

Good Luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.