DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Mentor
47 Posts
cornflakes said:
I was wondering if anyone knows how long I have to wait after I cancel before I can sign up for D* again and take advantage of their new subscriber offers? Can my roommate sign up after I cancel?

The reason I ask is my HR10-250 is stuttering like crazy on the HD channels (it's unwatchable now, but there has always been audio and video drop.outs for the two years I've had the thing). D* wants to charge me $200 to upgrade to the new HR20.

For that price I can sign up with E* and get HGTV and Food Network in HD, both of which I would really enjoy (not much into sports here). But if D* starts offering these channels in 2007 after they get their new sats up, I'd probably switch back (I'm not going to sign a contract with E*). So this is more about instant gratification and not so much because I'm unhappy with D*.

Which comes back to my question, how long after I cancel do I have to wait before I can sign up as a new customer, or can my roommate sign up after I cancel even though we have the same address?
:(
You wont like this answer but you will have to wait for infinity. Well or get a new phone number to tie the account too or move.
I've been a D* user since about '92 and just this past fall decided I wanted to upgrade my system. My equipment wouldn't even let me get locals. When I called they said they would "let me purchase" a new box. I asked D* exactly your question.. How long do I have to go without D* before I can sign up for the new "deals". I was told that as long as I lived at that address and had that Phone number then I was stuck with what I have. Well of course I can always purchase new equipment. After some talking explaining that I was a devoted cutomer for over 12 years they finally decided to send me a new H10-300 reciever for FREE.. BFD. I've been with them over 12 years and the best they could do was give a discontinued receiver.

I like D* and cant see not ever having it, but they treat their loyal customers like crap.

Wedge

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.