DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Forum and will no doubt will have numerous "novice" questions that I can't find with a search.

I currently have 2 coax from the dish to my DVR 500. I plan to change to the ViP 622 DVR. I plan to leave the current dish and add another for the HD Satellite instead of going with the 1000 dish. What will be the coax requirements? My house is old so I do not have any internal coax wiring.

I am also considering relocating the existing dish to a location closest to the new HDTV. More thoughts on wiring?

Thanks,

·
Godfather
492 Posts
With a DPP twin on Dish 500 pionted at 110/119 and a second dish pointed at 61.5 you can get buy with one cable to the 622, you will also need one cable for OTA for locale HD chs.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,901 Posts
You'll need to change the LNBF on the Dish500 if you don't replace the dish.

I'd keep the Dish500 and let them install a Dish1000. If you find that it doesn't work out, you can turn the Dish500 and run it into the DPP Twin on the Dish1000.

If you can get OTA signals, run two cables anyway.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I can't get OTA signals, I am buried in really tall pines & oak trees.
After a lot of research I deceided not to go HD even though I'm buying a HDTV, it looks like the monthly expense would crush our budget when the 10 month program expires. I may get the 622 and pay the $5.00 a month so I'll be ready when HD finally comes to Savannah in 3 or more years.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.