Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 27 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
614 Posts
200 Channels for $39.95 ,HD locals/Sports Etc.
44 Movie Channels for $11.95 (Starz,HBO,Cinemax,MovieChannel)
HD and DVR services available $5.95
No Equipment to buy... Fiberoptics right to your door.
22 City/Towns in Massachusetts already have it, so I'm sure it won't be long for me to wait for availability.

Fiberoptic Television...:eek2:

· Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
200 Channels for $39.95
I wish they would get to Chicago. Do you know if the DVR's are whole house DVR's. I hear they are and that would get me to switch (after looking into and see how good the DVR was and the amount of tuners and space on HD).

· Banned
614 Posts
cabanaboy1977 said:
I wish they would get to Chicago. Do you know if the DVR's are whole house DVR's. I hear they are and that would get me to switch (after looking into and see how good the DVR was and the amount of tuners and space on HD).
They are Motorola unit's I believe.

Here is a link...

http://www22.verizon.com/content/fiostv/

· Banned
614 Posts

· Banned
614 Posts
dervari said:
Unfortunately, Atlanta will never have FIOS. :(
Verizon may no be in your state, but another phone company may introduce it for your area. I think AT&T is in your market.

· Banned
1,199 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
22 City/Towns in Massachusetts already have it, so I'm sure it won't be long for me to wait for availability.

I'm right there ... especially if their DVR works.

· Banned
1,199 Posts
cybrsurfer said:

Already have Verizon wifi/DSL network (5 PCs, 1 iBook),and it's been amazingly stable for a long time. Philly also is a big Verizon town. So we should be getting it relatively soon. It's probably having growing pains, of course, but that big fat pipe for phone, Internet and video. Whole house DVR. Built-in media manager. It does sound awful inviting (and one of the main reasons D* is at a disadvantage in the triple play battle). All I can say is, it's a good thing D* has ST (had it, but dropped it.).

· AllStar
83 Posts
I have the Verizon FIOS internet service (30/5) and it has been rock solid for 2 months. I am considering Verizon FIOS TV, but I own most of my DTV equipment, including 3 Tivos, so that would not only change my equipment assets, but not make my wife happy, but if the DVR works well, I certainly may consider the change. I convinced my brother-in law to go Verizon, he is getting both Internet and TV services, with the multimedia DVR, so he will be my beta tester. (I've heard that the picture is impeccable in both HD and SD, but there are bugs still present). This will certainly make my business case easier when I need to convince the wife. So as the blind man said "We shall see".

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

· Hall Of Fame
2,012 Posts
FIOS is not available in my area and the local cable can't give me FOX or CBS in HD, I have waivers, so I see no need to switch. Cable HD DVRs only record about 16 hrs. of HD content as opposed to the 30 I get on my D* HD DVRs.

· Icon
914 Posts
We'll never have FIOS here in the boonies of VA. Heck, our only high speed internet choice is Satellite. I'd kill for some DSL or a Cable Modem. My only hope is VerizonWireless or US Cellular putting in EVDO.

· Icon
823 Posts
In Des Moines, FIOS stands for

Forget It -- Overly Sophisticated

:(

· Banned
1,199 Posts
Azeke said:
I have the Verizon FIOS internet service (30/5) and it has been rock solid for 2 months. I am considering Verizon FIOS TV, but I own most of my DTV equipment, including 3 Tivos, so that would not only change my equipment assets, but not make my wife happy, but if the DVR works well, I certainly may consider the change. I convinced my brother-in law to go Verizon, he is getting both Internet and TV services, with the multimedia DVR, so he will be my beta tester. (I've heard that the picture is impeccable in both HD and SD, but there are bugs still present). This will certainly make my business case easier when I need to convince the wife. So as the blind man said "We shall see".

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
I am in exactly the same boat via WAF. But if it works, she'll make the change someday. We have 4 Directivos (three R10s, one older Hughes model), two in reserve (I bought them for her on ebay). We shall indeed see.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.