DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 3 recivers on my Dish account (2 211(hd) and 1 611. I want to add 2 more recivers for my TivoDT.. (just SD's will do).
and then my roomate who is a cook wants one in the kitchen (hes paying for it) and since I dont like the dual mode on the 611 i want to add another tuner in the computer room.. bla bla bla..

long story short, I am looking at some 6 or 7 recivers. One of witch will be the 611, I know that I need another DP44 Switch and all that other jazz, I checked the prices and am ready to order, but what will dish say. my parrents have some 7 or 8 on there D* account. they just pay $5 or $6 a month for each box.

is this the same for dish?
thx
e..b

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
There are different limits for total receivers, leased tuners, ... with DISH that are more restrictive than DirecTV. You can get around some limits by purchasing receivers. I'll assume you are a DHA subscriber (you initially leased your receiver to open the DISH account instead of purchased the initial receiver). The terms and conditions for DHA at signup link to http://www.dishtv.com/terms_dha04.jsp which says:
Eligibility.

Maximum of four total tuners per account. Maximum of two model ViP211 receivers per account. Maximum of two model 522 or 625 receivers per account. Maximum of one model ViP622 DVR receiver per account. Maximum of one model HomeZone 1022 receiver per account (available only to customers billed by AT&T for services provided under this Agreement).

If your current 622 and 211s are all leased, you can't LEASE any more tuners (and you've already hit two other explicit limits listed). If you are willing to PURCHASE additional receivers, DISH will activate them and charge $6 each if a ViP or $5 each otherwise as Additional Receiver Outlet. You certainly wouldn't have trouble purchasing 3 more receivers (regardless of how many tuners each had) but the install is also on your wallet.

DirecTV wil allow you to lease well more than 4 tuners - 6 or 7 Dual tuner DVRs can be on an account.

·
Legend
238 Posts
If you are willing to purchase additional receivers, Dish has an official limit of 6 boxes per account. All dual tuner receivers count as 1 box, so you can feed 2 TV's for the price of one monthly box fee. Under the official 6 box limit, assuming all dual tuners, you can have 12 tuners at your disposal (as many as 12 TV's.) If you buy the receivers, there are no limits as to the models you wish to install. I will add that some on this board have reported that there are some instances when Dish will allow more than 6 receivers on one residential account. I've hear of up to 7.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.