DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many RG6 cables are necessary to have coming from the satellite dish so I can put 6 HD boxes with two of them being DVRs in an equipment closet rack? I don't want an SWM.
Thanks,
GeoffQ

· Registered
5,915 Posts
No, if you are required to use another dish for locals than you need more runs. Or if you want an international package.

Most locals are on the main sats though and can be received with the standard dish with 4 cables running from it.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
I recommend 6, because you might want an OTA, cable modem, international dish, or an easy replacement of a cable that goes bad later. Of course, if you can make it easy to replace/add cables later, than 4 might be fine for now. The lesson is that cable is CHEAP, but the labor to install it can be a major pain and major expense later on. Overkill *today* costs very little, and can save major hassles down the road.

· AllStar
66 Posts
Back in the day customers would tell me "I had my guys run a cable from the roof down to the garage junction while remodeling." Of course, one cable ran, I needed two. That later turned into two cables ran, needed four for AU2. That then became, had four, needed 5 for OTA....is the horse dead yet. IIP is right, 6 is good unless you've got "easy access."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.