DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure D* charges fees similar to e*...

How much per additional reciever? What about a dual-tuner reciever?

UTV... is it one UTV charge per reciever, or per account?

Any hidden "junk" fees?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Here is what I pay:

Total Choice Plus w/locals $39.99
Ultimatetv $9.95 (covers both UTV units)
2nd receiver fee $4.99 (UTV receiver)
3rd receiver fee $4.99 (Mitsubishi standard receiver)

Total: $59.92

The UTV fee covers all UTV's on the same account and the reciever is charged the $4.99 once, not $4.99 for each tuner.

·
AllStar
75 Posts
Plus extra for HBO, Showtime, and other movie packages. $12 for the first additional package, $10 for the second, $9 for third, etc.

·
Legend
214 Posts
Originally posted by Chardo
Plus extra for HBO, Showtime, and other movie packages. $12 for the first additional package, $10 for the second, $9 for third, etc.
I can't imagine why anyone would want more than one movie package anyway.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
I actually want 2 - HBO for the Sopranos, Six Feet Under, HBO-HD and Showtime for Stargate (for a little longer), Jeremiah, Chris Isaak Show, and their new HD show coming this summer, and Showtime-HD. I couldn't care less about the movies, but I really enjoy the original programming they do.

·
AllStar
75 Posts
Originally posted by Mark Lamutt
I couldn't care less about the movies, but I really enjoy the original programming they do.
Agreed. The movies have usually been available to rent or PPV for months by the time they hit HBO or Showtime. If it's any good, you've already seen it. The original programming is the big attraction.

Try being around the water cooler without knowing what happened on The Sopranos last night (well, eventually they'll be on again). Along with Sex and the City, Oz, Six Feet Under Dennis Miller Live, and Arliss, HBO has the best lineup of shows of any network. They're all great. The other networks have some great shows, but most of their lineups suck. Remember, for every West Wing, there's a Weber Show.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how often has D* raised their monthly pricing, and by how much?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Actually, back in February, my bill went DOWN $4 per month. Since I have been with them (January 2001), I haven't had a rate increase. D* streamlined their rate plans in February 2002 which was a decrease for some and a small increase for some.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,026 Posts
If you're really trying to economize, remember that the D* "entry level" is about $32 for total choice, while E* still offers the top 50 for $23 a month.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Can anyone help me find a good DirecTV dealer? I was a former sub now no one wants to talk to me.

I want the following equipment
1 - HDTV Receiver with 8VSB Tuner
1 - Tivo or Ultimate TV
3 - RCA 420re units
1 - Multi LNB Dish

I want a package price. I get the feeling if I leave Dish Network I can actually save money. I was planning on buying a 721 but I think $549 is too high.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
Can anyone help me find a good DirecTV dealer? I was a former sub now no one wants to talk to me.

I want the following equipment
1 - HDTV Receiver with 8VSB Tuner
1 - Tivo or Ultimate TV
3 - RCA 420re units
1 - Multi LNB Dish

I want a package price. I get the feeling if I leave Dish Network I can actually save money. I was planning on buying a 721 but I think $549 is too high.
Scott:

Here is what I have been able to find through www.minidishes.tv:

HDTV Receiver w/18X24 dish: Panasonic TU-HDS20, $559, item #1352747346
Ultimatetv receiver: Sony UTV w/keyboard, $34.50 after rebate, item #1354274200
RCA 430re receiver, $49.50 each, item #135295447
5X8 multi-switch: $109.50, item #1349975717

These are all existing subscriber prices.

www.minidishes.tv is a great dealer and ship really fast. Hope this helps.
:)

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Thanks Karl,

I wrote them as well, and they told me to check their website. and look for the word upgrade.

Why cant I tell these guys what I want and they will say its gonna cost you x number of $$?

Its kind of agrivating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.