Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Godfather
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a VIP722 in the living room with a 42" Panny

I am in the market for a nice 47", more likely with 3D and would put the Panny into another room which already has a 322C and swap it with another 722.

What would the cost be up front and/or monthly, if any?
(A CSR, in July said there is no extra charge)

·
Godfather
499 Posts
Addl. $3.00 monthly. If you are an "A" customer, $0 upgrade fee and $0 Tech visit fee. "B" customers pay $0 upgrade fee but do pay the $15 or $95 Tech visit fee. "C" customers pay a $100 upgrade fee and the Tech visit fee. Best to call Dish or a Retailer to be sure.

·
Godfather
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VDP07 said:
Addl. $3.00 monthly. If you are an "A" customer, $0 upgrade fee and $0 Tech visit fee. "B" customers pay $0 upgrade fee but do pay the $15 or $95 Tech visit fee. "C" customers pay a $100 upgrade fee and the Tech visit fee. Best to call Dish or a Retailer to be sure.
f you are an "A" customer, $0 upgrade fee and $0 Tech visit fee. "B" customers pay $0 upgrade fee but do pay the $15 or $95 Tech visit fee. "C" customers pay a $100 upgrade fee and the Tech visit fee. Best to call Dish or a Retailer to be sure.

I have never heard of the above, meaning which letter customer I am

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
VDP07 said:
Thought a second DuoHDDVR(722) was $17.a month?.:confused:

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
OP's current 2nd receiver is a Duo at $14/mo, replacing it with a Duo DVR is $17 for an increase of $3/mo.

·
Icon
678 Posts
hoophead said:
f you are an "A" customer, $0 upgrade fee and $0 Tech visit fee. "B" customers pay $0 upgrade fee but do pay the $15 or $95 Tech visit fee. "C" customers pay a $100 upgrade fee and the Tech visit fee. Best to call Dish or a Retailer to be sure.

I have never heard of the above, meaning which letter customer I am
Hes talking about customer tiers that Dish uses to categorize there customers, this is internal information that a customer probably would never realize is present as its information a CSR should never disclose to a customer.

There not categorized by Letters but rather number of stars.
And hes also wrong in the way hes listing it out. *These are all assuming the customer will be using the Dishn it up promotion)

5* customer: Free upgrade with Dishn it up (DIU from here on out) with 2 year contract. Can get free Install from a tech if they have the protection plan on account without the plan its 95$ for the tech visit.

4* Customer: Same as above with a DIU.

3* Customer: 15$ install with the protection plan (actually my memories a little foggy right now 3 * might actually get it free with the protection plan but im not 100% sure).

2*: Discounted price off the receiver cost, 15$ install with protection plan.

1*: Doesnt qualify for DIU, has to pay full MSRP for the receiver. Installation varies between whether or not they have the protection plan.

The easiest way to find out if your 4 or 5 star is to call in, have the automated system find your account and when it does if it happens to say
"Hey! your one of our top customers" Then your good to go for the DIU promotion assuming you havent used it in a rolling year at that point.

Aside from all that considering you are going from a 322 receiver to a 722 the only increase you will see is the 3$ increase VDP mentioned.
Your receiver fee for the 322 will go from 14$ to 17$.

·
Godfather
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, thanx guys.

I called and was told all I needed to do is re-up for another 2yrswith a credit card.
Requested to have the unit sent to me = no charge.
A $3 increase in price as you mentioned.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
Don't forget you can share an EHD between them.

·
Godfather
499 Posts
Inkosaurus said:
Hes talking about customer tiers that Dish uses to categorize there customers, this is internal information that a customer probably would never realize is present as its information a CSR should never disclose to a customer.

There not categorized by Letters but rather number of stars.
And hes also wrong in the way hes listing it out.
*These are all assuming the customer will be using the Dishn it up promotion)

5* customer: Free upgrade with Dishn it up (DIU from here on out) with 2 year contract. Can get free Install from a tech if they have the protection plan on account without the plan its 95$ for the tech visit.

4* Customer: Same as above with a DIU.

3* Customer: 15$ install with the protection plan (actually my memories a little foggy right now 3 * might actually get it free with the protection plan but im not 100% sure).

2*: Discounted price off the receiver cost, 15$ install with protection plan.

1*: Doesnt qualify for DIU, has to pay full MSRP for the receiver. Installation varies between whether or not they have the protection plan.

The easiest way to find out if your 4 or 5 star is to call in, have the automated system find your account and when it does if it happens to say
"Hey! your one of our top customers" Then your good to go for the DIU promotion assuming you havent used it in a rolling year at that point.

Aside from all that considering you are going from a 322 receiver to a 722 the only increase you will see is the 3$ increase VDP mentioned.
Your receiver fee for the 322 will go from 14$ to 17$.
I was assuming the OP was referring to the costs under the current DIU promo guidelines.

In your explanation, 4* and 5* = Plan A customer. 3* = Plan B customer. 2* = Plan C customer. 1* = doesn't qualify for DIU. Other than a possible $95 Tech visit fee for your 4* and 5* customer (news to me), the amounts that you state the various customers would have to pay for a DIU are the same as I stated above.

As far as your statement that DISH does not categorize customers by letters, you are incorrect. I can not speak to the DIU jobs DNS performs, but for the Retailer "RETDIU" promo (Retail Dishn It Up), every customer is well aware of the various tiers that they fall under as they must sign a 2 year agreement that clearly states which of them, A, B, or C, they fall in. It's is not a secret to be kept from the customer.

Below are portions from 2 RETDIU's I performed just last week.

Attachments

·
Icon
678 Posts
Your thinking of account type for the A,B,C portion you speak of at the end (DHA24, Flex and Flex24) These are not customer tiers, simply put dish has no idea what kind of tier a new customer will have because the Star status of an account is based upon billing history and potentially the amount of times they received Credits (to many and your placed on adjustment alert which is basically a 1 star).

These are things CSR can not tell a customer, you may have been a retailer for Dish but i worked at a call center that had Echostar right on the front (its a long story, short of it is the site opened up back in 04/05 before the big changes) and i can definitely tell you there is indeed tiering of customers and its not the A,B,C your confusing it with.

When you sign up a customer your just letting them choose what account type they would like (then i assume run a credit check to make sure they qualify for DHA24, and if they dont try flex24 right?). The only time this will determine the star status for a new customer is if they had to do a Flex24 pay in advance account due to bad credit, these are 1 star accounts by default and generally dont go beyond 2 star in the account life time.

Also the 95$ tech visit is common knowledge, if you dont have protection plan you pay 95$. If you do have protection plan 1-3 star customers pay 15$ for the tech visit fee, 4 and 5 star get it free with protection plan. So in which ever scenario you look at a potential customer can pay 0, 15 or 95$ for the tech to go out for non-custom work orders.
Not sure how its news to you, its been like this for years now.

·
Godfather
499 Posts
Inkosaurus said:
Your thinking of account type for the A,B,C portion you speak of at the end (DHA24, Flex and Flex24) These are not customer tiers, simply put dish has no idea what kind of tier a new customer will have because the Star status of an account is based upon billing history and potentially the amount of times they received Credits (to many and your placed on adjustment alert which is basically a 1 star).

These are things CSR can not tell a customer, you may have been a retailer for Dish but i worked at a call center that had Echostar right on the front (its a long story, short of it is the site opened up back in 04/05 before the big changes) and i can definitely tell you there is indeed tiering of customers and its not the A,B,C your confusing it with.

When you sign up a customer your just letting them choose what account type they would like (then i assume run a credit check to make sure they qualify for DHA24, and if they dont try flex24 right?). The only time this will determine the star status for a new customer is if they had to do a Flex24 pay in advance account due to bad credit, these are 1 star accounts by default and generally dont go beyond 2 star in the account life time.

Also the 95$ tech visit is common knowledge, if you dont have protection plan you pay 95$. If you do have protection plan 1-3 star customers pay 15$ for the tech visit fee, 4 and 5 star get it free with protection plan. So in which ever scenario you look at a potential customer can pay 0, 15 or 95$ for the tech to go out for non-custom work orders.
Nothing I've posted in this thread was in reference to any new customer (DHA, DHA24, Flex or Flex24) promotions. I only stated the upfront and addl. monthly costs that the OP could expect when participating in the RETDIU (same as DIU, performed by a retailer) promotion.

Did you not take a look at the attached images in my last post? They are from page 1 of the actual RETDIU (Not DHA24, Not Flex, Not Flex24) agreements that the customers were required to sign when we performed the DIU's. . BTW, neither of these particular customers were DHA, Flex or Flex24 customers as they were both 7+ year customers.

It is agreed that customer tiering does exist. What you don't seem to know, or understand is that although DISH may use the 1-5 star rating you describe to rate a current customer, the customer is only going to told (it's in bold print on the front page of every RETDIU customer agreement) that he or she is a Plan A, B or C customer when doing a RETDIU. There is no disputing this fact.

It may just be a matter of semantics, your internal "star system" vs the Plan A,B or C that the customer see's. That said, DISH's Retail Business Rules clearly define what the fees are for upgrades and from a customer stand point, they are based on which category, Plan A, B or C, the customer falls in.

As far as the Technician Visit Fees go, most here are aware of the $15, $95 and even the grandfathered $0 Tech Visit Fees and under what circumstances they may be charged. It has been discussed in previous threads. My "news to me" statement was referring to the fact that a 4 or 5*(Plan A) customer without PP would be charged the $95 fee. I was told that the $15 and $95 Tech Visit Fee was waived for all "Plan A" DIU customers with or without protection plan. I have confirmed that on this point, what I was told was incorrect.

·
Icon
1,164 Posts
Inkosaurus said:

is based upon billing history and potentially the amount of times they received Credits (to many and your placed on adjustment alert which is basically a 1 star).
Can you give example of credits? Do you mean promotional offerings?

·
Icon
678 Posts
Promotional offerings such as Starz free for a year and what not: No.

When i say credits i mean like 10$ of for 12 months because you threatened to cancel unless you got money off the bill.
It varies from account to account, but generally getting credit like that more then twice will get you placed on adjustment alert.

@VDP07.
Our debates moot, im pointing out something internal to Dish which is something you dont have access to. And your pointing out something on the retailer end , which is something i dont have access to :p

None the less though, i see what your saying but the Star Tiers is not quite the a,b,c plan thing your talking about.

·
Godfather
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
coldsteel said:
Don't forget you can share an EHD between them.
Do you need to just pop out the hd from one to the other? What kind of fee for this? What ehd's are friendly with the 722?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,268 Posts
hoophead said:
Do you need to just pop out the hd from one to the other? What kind of fee for this? What ehd's are friendly with the 722?
Yes you can move any number of external hard drives back an forth between the receivers. No charge. There is a thread about preferred hard drives around here someplace but Western Digital My Book drives are frequently mentioned. I have several. The hard drive must have its own power supply.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.