DBSTalk Forum banner

How often do your MPEG4 locals lockup requiring you to reboot your HR20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Never for me. I've never had to reboot, after 2 months of use. Except for fast forward and jumpback not being quite as easy as the HR10, this is a great machine!

·
AllStar
90 Posts
SParker said:
So you don't use them at all?
I get all the locals fine OTA. So for now, I use the HR10 for the locals. I have set up a series link to record one show from channel 8-1 (OTA) on the HR20. So far that has worked fairly well. I have only had to do one reboot since getting 108. (All channels were black with no sound. I could change channels and see the program info, just no picture or sound).

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
Never had it happen. Really. I've had numerous problems, but this has not been one of them.

·
Godfather
488 Posts
Another vote for never. Please add to poll.

·
Legend
191 Posts
Another never from me too please.

·
Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
The MPEG4 locals will totally hose my H20 about 3-4 times a week, requiring a hard reset. I've only seen once with the HR20 where it confused it enough not to show a picture and slow down operation, but a quick channel change fixed that.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
As you can see... I adjusted teh poll as you requested.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
23 Posts
My vote was "Never", but I need to put an asterisk next to it. While the locals haven't locked up and required a reboot, I do from time-to-time hit a point where the MPEG4 locals (and also the OTA locals) will throw the HR20 into a funk for a while. If I just let it sit for a bit (usually no more than a couple of minutes) it sometime recovers. While in this "funk", I cannot do any trick-play features and the picture is frozen (for example, trying to rewind causes a momentary display of the rewind icon, but it immediatly returns to the play icon and then disappears leaving me with the frozen picture). It seems with the latest release I can un-funk the HR20 by changing channels. In older releases (prior to FA?) my only course of action was to red-button-reset the box. Now when this happens at least I don't have to leave the couch. Of course, I can't rewatch the program that has caused the funk, but I can calmly remain seated.

·
Legend
126 Posts
Very seldom have issues with the local MPEG4 channels. Just had an issue over the weekend with Sunday Ticket HD - when I left the receiver on the channel after the game had ended, it required a RBR to fix the problem. In doing so, the system not only erased the in progress recordings, but a few others from the last two days. No idea why...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
SParker said:
How often do they lockup requiring you to reboot your receiver?
Oops, I misunderstood the poll.

Don't think my MPEG-4 locals lock up at all. I thought the question was related to packet loss and/or pixelization.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.