DBSTalk Forum banner

After I insert a DVD/BluRay disc, it should...

• start playing the movie, and I have to press a button to get to the main (or pop-up) menu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • go directly to the main menu, and I have to select "Play Movie". The movie does not start playing af

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • go directly to the main menu, and I have to select "Play Movie". However, the movie automatically pl

Votes: 18 90.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,640 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
Either is ok with me, although I favor the menu a little bit because I can set audio options.

What I don't like is 20 minutes of trailers that you can't skip. I do actually watch them, the first time I watch the disc, but if I own it, it's frustrating.
spartanstew said:
This:

go directly to the main menu, and I have to select "Play Movie". The movie does not start playing after a timeout.

I like to set any audio settings that might need setting as well as see if there's any previews or special features we want to watch first.

Sometimes, after putting the movie in, it takes up to 15 minutes to gather everyone up, make the popcorn, etc., so I certainly don't want the movie to start on its own.
MysteryMan said:
I too prefer going directly to the main menu so I can select audio options.
Add me to this list.

Like the others, I like setting the audio options before starting the movie (even though my wife thinks it's a little silly :)).

And yeah, I don't like seeing all those previews over and over again each time I start the disc. I wish it were easier to get through all of those...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.