DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,754 Posts
radamo said:
Had an old Hughes TiVo DVR fail the other day. DTV sent me an HR22. I have 3 Hr20's which I like but was hoping for a 24. Are the 22's that much slower than the 24's? Any other differences besides speed?
Thanks.
The HR22 has the larger drive [500 vs 300], and the speed wasn't that much slower than my HR20, though it was "slightly" [as in I could notice it and have to slow down my remote pressing]

·
Premium Member
42,754 Posts
leier911 said:
I hear this quite a bit too about Native ON vs OFF. From my tests, having Native on with my TV is about 2 seconds faster with if I turn native off. Not sure why that is..........The TV is really good/fast at changing and adjusting the resoultion with it on. So I keep mine on with 720 and 1080 checked.
It because of another stage of buffering as it changes resolutions.

·
Premium Member
42,754 Posts
leier911 said:
Old School. But I thought people said Having Native ON slowed things down. If it is another round as you say, why is it that mine goes so zippy? Because the tv is better at it? I always hear people saying oh turn Native to OFF, your channel changes are a lot faster. Well I tried that and the channel changing got SLOWER....
You sure you didn't mix these up? :lol:
Mine does have the 2 sec difference, but it isn't an issue, and it is with native "On", not off.

·
Premium Member
42,754 Posts
radamo said:
How is this done on the HR22?
Thanks,
RA

Nevermind... this is just a system restart.
Got it.
RA
Actually it isn't a system reboot.

Tune to channel one, wait for it to load with sound.

Press red red, blue blue, yellow, green [quickly] and look in the lower left of the screen for "NVRAM cleared"

·
Premium Member
42,754 Posts
wxguy said:
My receiver gets slow/hung quite frequently and the channel one/button push routine clears it up for a couple days. But I'm curious. If that is such an easy fix, why doesn't the software simply clear the NVRAM every couple hours and be done with this slowdown issue.

I don't see any reason why it has to be customer initiated.
"If it was easy" they would have fixed this long ago. :lol:
The "good news" is they are aware of it and trying to address it.:)

·
Premium Member
42,754 Posts
beer_geek said:
I have 3 HR22 used to drive 1 HD and 2 SD sets. They were fine before the upgrade. They all have the white screen issue.
Maybe I didn't understand your "white screen".
Is this where the black background of the GUI is white, or is this a white screen while not being in the GUI, and merely waiting for the channel to show?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.