DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish Network "Turbo 1000.4" WA Dish and a 211K receiver. I live near San Antonio. The FEED HORN is the one with 3 single LNBFs all lined up in a row, each of equal size and appearance. It was working perfectly until I had to take it down to replace a board on the eaves.

After I reinstalled it, I had no problem realigning it with the satellites(s) and get a strong signal (in the 80s or better) on most channels. The dish is mounted level and plumb. However, I think I have somehow got it pointed improperly because it has the following issues:

All the HD channels work fine. Everything on 110 and 129 seem to be perfect. But on most of the non HD channels, the ones on 119, are all messed up. About the only 119 channels I can receive are 394 and 101. They come in fine, and show to be on 119. The rest of the 119 channels keep giving me the "complete signal loss" message.

When I go to setup, 6-1-1 and point dish, and do a check switch, it shows all 3 as OK and green. If I manually change the setup screen to sat 110, transponder 13, it shows good signal, and locks on 110. When I set it to sat 119, transponder 13, it cannot lock on any signal, and shows no signal at all. The instruction that came with it said to use transponder 13 for both 119 and 110 for setup purposes.

I've done check switch, and re downloaded the software several times, but no joy. I have done a reset by unplugging the receiver for a minute and starting over, but that doesn't help.

I presume I've made an error of some sort. I also noticed that when I cover the center LNBF with alum foil, I lose the signal on channel 101 (sat 119). The instruction indicate the center LNBF should be for sat 110 (I think), but now I am pretty confused.

So how can I start over and get it set up correctly ? Do I really have it aimed properly, and maybe made a mistake in the setup menu ? Do I need to put some foil over one or two of the LNBFs and do it again ? If so, which one(s)

I am unsure which LNBF actually points to which sat. As viewed from the dish looking out toward the LNB, the instructions that came with it show the LNBF to the far left is 119, the center is 110 and the right one is 129.

Can someone walk me through the process, bearing in mind I can actually get a signal (or so it seems) on each of the 3 sats.

HELP !

Thanks,
Randy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.