DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cool Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the at9 dish and my international dish currently connected to a wb68 upowered switch. The switch is up on the roof with the dishes. I live in a 3 apt house. I hr21 upstairs with two lines hooked up and 1 h20 down stairs with 1 line. I have 4 lines running up to the switch on the roof. I have to hook them up so I can add a dvr down stairs.
When had D* before I had a older powered mutiswich which was used with the older phase 3 dish. We had not D* upstairs then.
What I want to do is to make all outlets on the first floor live along with the upstairs dvr. I was wondering can I take 4 lines out of the first wb68 and hook a second one downstairs in the closet for recivers on the first floor and hook upstairs to the existing switch. Currently lines are joined in the downstairs closet with barrel connectors. Every thing works fine, but I want to be able to use other outlets downstairs without running more lines down if I can.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
With a second dish in the mix (international) you can't cascade two switches and get the international programming. You'd have to put the switches in parallel.

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
For putting two WB68 in parallel using splitters using one dish, here's a simple diagram courtesy of Milkman from another thread. Just substitute "5 LNB" for "3 LNB" and follow through to the WB68.

(click for larger image)

I would guess that you just use additional splitters for the feeds fro the other satellite dish and feed the splitter outputs in parallel to the WB68 just like the outputs from the 5 LNB dish.

·
Super Moderator
12,881 Posts
I don't know enough about the international dish to know if you can split that line and feed it to two multiswitches. If you do not need international channels on some of the tv's, then connect that dish only to the multiswitch serving the tv that needs international programming.

Carl

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
we use international dishes in Hawaii quite often and my understanding is that you will always need another international dish for every WB68 as it will not cascade or be split prior to the switch

·
Legend
113 Posts
Get a WB6x16. I went through months of H**L with both cascaded and split WB6x8's. Intermittent signal loss and 771 errors. Powered 16 and all has been well for last six months.

·
Icon
673 Posts
My understanding also that you cannot split International dish. I actually read instructions for wb6x16 switch and it had a diagram showing that it can be split to 64 outputs with 4 other switches but international dish can only go with one of them (or use more dishes)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.