DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just got a an HR20 Installed and I had confirmed with the office of the president that I would not have a new 2 year contract if I upgraded to the new box. Anyways, I have now upgraded but when I call customer support sometimes I’m being told that I have a commitment and other times I’m being told I don’t have a commitment. I would try to get in touch with the office of the president but DirecTV has apparently taken down the phone number. I’d really like to get to the bottom of this and figure out if I really do have a 2 year commitment or not. Is there any way to check under my account on the DirecTV website or some other way what my current commitment is?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
The only way to check, is by contact DirecTV via phone. If you do in fact have it waived, then I would request you have them give it to you in writing.

You would be one of the extremely very few, I have heard of successfully having the 2 year period waived, especially with an HR20 activation.

(I am still under a 2 year contract, from when I activated the 2nd HR20)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
captain_video said:
Check your DTV billing statement. It will indicate if you are currently in a commitment period.
I know it used to show that, but earlier this year, that disappeared from my bills. If it really is still there, I'd be interested in knowing where to find it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.