DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all over trying to get a definitive answer to the following question.

My equiptment:

Dish 500 twin DP LNBF's 110 and 119
Dish 300 single DP LNBF 61.5
(located remote away from dwelling)

Only two coax feeds coming into dwelling underground.

Inside dwelling one DPP44 switch

receivers include VIP 622

If you notice all DishPro equiptment

And now for the question ?

I only have 2 coax coming into the dwelling. Difficult to add another for the Dish 300 that I just aquired for 61.5 only. I see for sale diplexers that combine OTA signal and one LNB. Is there a diplexer that will work (if so which manufacturer or part #)to combine two sat. dishnet signals ?Not, looking to combine OTA and sat. signal. I was hoping to diplex at the dish 110 and 119. Then another diplex just before going into the DPP44. Then just run the 61.5 signal by itself on the second coax. Thus using the two existing coax.

Looking for easiest cheaspest way to accomplish this.:) TIA

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
theghost said:
I have read all over trying to get a definitive answer to the following question.

My equiptment:

Dish 500 twin DP LNBF's 110 and 119
Dish 300 single DP LNBF 61.5
(located remote away from dwelling)

Only two coax feeds coming into dwelling underground.

Inside dwelling one DPP44 switch

receivers include VIP 622

If you notice all DishPro equiptment

And now for the question ?

I only have 2 coax coming into the dwelling. Difficult to add another for the Dish 300 that I just aquired for 61.5 only. I see for sale diplexers that combine OTA signal and one LNB. Is there a diplexer that will work (if so which manufacturer or part #)to combine two sat. dishnet signals ?Not, looking to combine OTA and D*. I was hoping to diplex at the dish 110 and 119. Then another diplex just before going into the DPP44. Then just run the 61.5 signal by itself on the second coax. Thus using the two existing coax.

Looking for easiest cheaspest way to accomplish this.:) TIA
Diplexers are for combining satellite and OTA/CABLE signals onto 1 cable. Two signals that are on different frequencies. Move your DPP44 switch to the DISH 500 location and run the 61.5 to that location. The two cables coming in can run from the DPP44 to 2 dual tuner receivers or the 622 and a single tuner receiver. D* is Directv not DISH.:)

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boba said:
Diplexers are for combining satellite and OTA/CABLE signals onto 1 cable. Two signals that are on different frequencies. Move your DPP44 switch to the DISH 500 location and run the 61.5 to that location. The two cables coming in can run from the DPP44 to 2 dual tuner receivers or the 622 and a single tuner receiver. D* is Directv not DISH.:)
I don't want to move the DPP44, I have multiple two tuner dvr's and use seperators.
I could swap the LNB in the dish 500 for a Dish Pro Plus LNB third port is used to collect and combine signals from a separate satellite dish antenna aimed at either the 61.5º OR 148º satellite (Round 18-inch dish equipped with a DISH-PRO LNBF is required).
So, if DishPro plus allows multiple feeds then Is there some switch that I can buy to combine all sat feed down one coax ? Just want to see all my options..:confused:
Thanks

·
Icon
1,029 Posts
You will need the new DPP Twin LNB. Here is a link.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/LNBF/dpptwin.pdf
It has an LNB in for your third input. You will need to run a separator for the 622 on the one of the lines coming into the house. Not sure what your other receiver is. If it is a single tuner then fine if dual then it will need a separator if it is compatible.

..Doyle

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has an LNB in for your third input. You will need to run a separator for the 622 on the one of the lines coming into the house. Not sure what your other receiver is. If it is a single tuner then fine if dual then it will need a separator if it is compatible.

..Doyle

can I do this then ? Putting the DPP 44 in the basement after a 50' run in from the dish ? would that work in theory ?

cable run 50'

dish 300---->dish 500 dpp =======
DPP44==seperator-------seperator==DVR
DPP44==seperator-------seperator==DV
DPP44---------------------------------------single

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
If you are going to use a DPP44 you must run a line from each satellite into the DPP44. If you want 61.5/110 &119 you will need 3 lines going into the DPP44. You can't use a DPP TWIN to feed 3 satellites into a DPP44. You can move the DPP44 outside where you can feed the 3 satellites into it or you can run 3 lines inside to the DPP44.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help.It will save me hours of struggle.Maybe, someday they will come up with a way to bring the sat. feed in on one or two lines.I wasn't an issue til i needed 61.5 bird.E* needs a better system.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.