DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been reading on this, but I am only confusing myself. I simply need to figure out how to connect the two tvs from the one receiver. First, I have problem after problem with the installations of both the Dish guys and my local satelite company (yes, I have two different ones). Here is what I have.

House Setup:
-- 8 RG6 feeds to each room location that are fed back to a structured wiring panel. I only have one RG6 going into each room, so I will need to run the connection to the second tv through the same RG6 that feeds the first tv. Basically, my signals in and out need to ride on the same line.
-- Satelite feeds that are fed back to the structured wiring panel from the dish 1000 on the outside of the house.
-- Extra 322 receiver for running other two rooms (not really discussed here)

Parts:
-- Seperators, Aspen D-2100LX Diplexers, Channel Vision Sat-D2 Diplexers.

How does all this hook up? The local sat/alarm company says they can't get my second tv to work off of the 622, when it worked before they started messing with it. They basically rewired my entire panel, and they have absolutely nothing labeled. Obviously, they do shoddy work. They keep blaming the satelite install on problems from the guys dish first sent out. The Dish guys actually cut into my homes runs to make their connections, but that is a different story.

Can somone walk me through the inputs/outputs of the connectors to get my second tv to work. The first one works fine, but the second one is wired wrong. The idiot alarm guys keep insisting that the second tv output channel is "broken." Is there an easy explanation to this? Thanks.

·
AllStar
64 Posts
With a 622, a 322, and a 1000 Dish with Dish Pro Plus, Single home runs to each room is perfect.

First things first: Make sure the cable runs from the dish is grounded (Either outside at the meter or if available, at the structured cabling panel.

* Take one run from the ground block and connect to the "Sat" side of a diplexor.
- The "in/out" side should connect to the receiver location.
- The "ant" connection should hook up to TV2's location of the same receiver.
( figure out which rooms you want hooked up to each receiver and pair them up at the panel accordingly first)

* At the receiver location, connect a jumper from the wall plate to the "in/out" connection of another diplexor.
- The "Sat" on the diplexor should connect to a Dish Pro Seprator, and then to "Sat1 and Sat2" on the receiver.
- The "ant" connection needs to hook to "TV2" on the receiver.

As far as coax cabling, both receivers are identical.

Generally, TV2 is set to chan 60. Depending on the quality of the tuner of your TV2, Channel 73 is better.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nismo said:
With a 622, a 322, and a 1000 Dish with Dish Pro Plus, Single home runs to each room is perfect.

First things first: Make sure the cable runs from the dish is grounded (Either outside at the meter or if available, at the structured cabling panel.

* Take one run from the ground block and connect to the "Sat" side of a diplexor.
- The "in/out" side should connect to the receiver location.
- The "ant" connection should hook up to TV2's location of the same receiver.
( figure out which rooms you want hooked up to each receiver and pair them up at the panel accordingly first)

* At the receiver location, connect a jumper from the wall plate to the "in/out" connection of another diplexor.
- The "Sat" on the diplexor should connect to a Dish Pro Seprator, and then to "Sat1 and Sat2" on the receiver.
- The "ant" connection needs to hook to "TV2" on the receiver.

As far as coax cabling, both receivers are identical.

Generally, TV2 is set to chan 60. Depending on the quality of the tuner of your TV2, Channel 73 is better.
I think I either have a problem in the type of diplexor, or I may have something wrong with the signal strength. Does it matter what type of diplexor I have. I have the two types. I have the Aspen D-2100LX which says it has 950-2250 MHz and 40-860 MHz outputs. The SAT side says Power Pass on it. I also have the Channel Vision brand Sat-D2 which has outputs of 950-2050 MHz and 40-862 MHz. I was assuming they were the same, but is there a difference? If not, I'm guessing I have something hosed somewhere in the connectors I am using or in the wiring.

·
Icon
546 Posts
newgene said:
I think I either have a problem in the type of diplexor, or I may have something wrong with the signal strength. Does it matter what type of diplexor I have. I have the two types. I have the Aspen D-2100LX which says it has 950-2250 MHz and 40-860 MHz outputs. The SAT side says Power Pass on it. I also have the Channel Vision brand Sat-D2 which has outputs of 950-2050 MHz and 40-862 MHz. I was assuming they were the same, but is there a difference? If not, I'm guessing I have something hosed somewhere in the connectors I am using or in the wiring.
You said earlier techs cut into your homeruns. You may want to take a look in your attic to make sure that run from your video distribution center to the TV2 location isn't cut. Also, make sure that TV2 tuner mode (Antenna/Cable) matches the modulator output/channel on the rcvr (press menu, option 6, option 1, option 5) If the house is new, take the wallplate off the wall to make sure the cable is terminated. Also @ your rcvr, run a jumper from the TV2 output to the TV1 television coax input and turn to the appropriate channel/modulator (60/73, etc.)
Just to make sure the TV2 output on the rcvr is actually functioning properly. :eek2:

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I started reading more on diplexers, and I realized my alarm company installers who tried to connect the system today are total idiots. Not only is nothing still labeled, but they put the diplexer in backwards. All I did was trace it back, and I found the point where it was screwed up. TV1 was working fine because it was swapped with the satelite feed. The second room was therefore the one that was cutoff from signal. I narrowed it down and made the swap, and now I have my 622 running my second tv instead of the 322. HD DVR is so much nicer.

Now, If only I had piece of mind to know that other stuff is not hosed up by these yahoos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.