DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
8,087 Posts
I realize this is a very belated post to this thread and the OP has probably long solved his problem. And while I'm certainly no expert with LA systems ....

But from the photo posted by the OP at least, it appears the problem is simply that the SWM 8-W has no power from an inserter connected anywhere from what I can see.

Since connecting the L10 to one of the legacy ports should have worked otherwise. ....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Hall Of Fame
8,087 Posts
Exactly, that's what I mean ...

The legacy receiver cannot power a SWM switch of course and from the photo I don't see any connection from a PI for that SWM switch in either way ....

Though I admit the photo cuts-off short around the legacy ports, so I can't be completely sure there's no PI connected to the top one. ....

In fact if the bandwidth of the legacy ports is the same as the SWM-8 for DIRECTV USA service, then it should work better for LA service since all their channels, HD and SD, fall between 950-2150 MHz.

Whereas for DIRECTV USA the SWM-8's legacy ports won't pass the Ka-lo band. So they were only ever good for the Ku 101/110/119 band channels. ....

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Hall Of Fame
8,087 Posts
Oh my bad ....

Yes it's actually legacy port 3 on the SWM-8 switch that had the option of external power application, not 1.

So since that SWM8-W apparently has no legacy 3 port (just a blank opening in the casting where it would have been) then the only way to power it with a PI is inline through the SWM 1/2 ports. Therefore it's clear that the problem here is that the switch in the photo simply has no power to supply it. ...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts