DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
why is that swm8 missing the other two connectors? did they design one specifically for the 18" dish or king?? Just doesnt look right......
He's probably posting from a Latin American country, they have dishes with only two polarities and that's why he was talking about an LH-10.

Another clue is the writing on it lists a top frequency of 2200 MHz, and it says "Hecho en China" instead of "Made in China".

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
I realize this is a very belated post to this thread and the OP has probably long solved his problem. And while I'm certainly no expert with LA systems ....

But from the photo posted by the OP at least, it appears the problem is simply that the SWM 8-W has no power from an inserter connected anywhere from what I can see.

Since connecting the L10 to one of the legacy ports should have worked otherwise. ....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
IIRC a SWM8 can only be powered via the 3rd legacy port (or of course the SWM1/PWR port)

While the other legacy ports are able to accept voltage signaling they aren't set up to provide power to the device.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts