DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello.
My apologies in advance if this looks like a newbie and covered question. Im completely new into this.

I moved to an apartment building and want to connect my old directv receiver to the main building line. My receiver is a LH01-O-100 model. I have the following questions

Right outside my door, there is the main cabinet with multiple providers equipment. There is a DirecTV multiswitch (SWM8-W) with both 13V and 18V lines connected to it. Nothing else connected to it.
Current transformer Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grille Automotive exterior

Cabling from here to my receiver has been done and its working properly (No shorts and around 76ohm with resistor plugged).

1- Being aware that the LH01-O-100 receiver is a legacy receiver with no SWM, I tried to connect it to one of the LEGACY ports. I dont get any signal. Why?
2- Is it correct that i must not connect the receiver to the SWM1 or SWM2 ports? I havent done so yet.
3- I disconnected one of the lines that go to 13V and 18V switch inputs and plugged it directly to the receiver. This time i did get signal but ONLY certain channels? Why? Am I missing something?

I will appreciate your help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts