DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I force the download of new code to my new HR20? I have the installer coming in a few days and want to make sure I have the latest code before he leaves. Thanks.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Press 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote when the HR20 is just starting up with the welcome screen. The installer should know how to do this. Your HR20 will prompt to download the latest software within minutes of activation anyways, so it really isn't necessary to force anything.

· Banned
614 Posts
blnsfn2 said:
How do I force the download of new code to my new HR20? I have the installer coming in a few days and want to make sure I have the latest code before he leaves. Thanks.
When the HR20 boots up and you see the welcome screen, press 02468 with the remote. It should do the update after your unit is powered down. It doesn't necessarily do it instantly, but after the shut it off from viewing.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
It should do the update after your unit is powered down. It doesn't necessarily do it instantly, but after the shut it off from viewing.
No, when you force it during the bootup sequence it will start doing the update immediately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.