DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Hit the red reset button on the front pull-down panel by the access card. When you see the "hello" message, type in 02468 on your remote. This will force a download. Keep in mind, if the newest isnt available, it will fully reinstall your current version which will burn 10 minutes or so. It's almost better to wait for it auto - (usually after 2 am local time from my experience).

timvan said:
I read on here a way to force the software upgrade but can not find it..

Help?

Thanks,
TIm

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
Hit the red reset button on the front pull-down panel by the access card. When you see the "hello" message, type in 02468 on your remote. This will force a download. Keep in mind, if the newest isnt available, it will fully reinstall your current version which will burn 10 minutes or so. It's almost better to wait for it auto - (usually after 2 am local time from my experience).
If the software is scheduled for a West to East release, then doing a forced update accomplishes nothing. It doesn't work, it just redownloads the current authorized release for your area. If it is a "national" release, the forced will work.

I've only seen one comment that "might" be outside the West Coast area...and I think that person is pulling people's chains...his location says PA, but that may not be Pennsylvania...it may stand for something else, in which case by not telling people this, he has many thinking it has been released widely and not in the "staggered" mode. I don't find it that funny, but humor is in the eye of the beholder.

Or....he is one of the rare people who get their box addressed "out of sequence"...they do exist, but usually by some pre-arrangement with D*.

In any case, you are better off letting the box upgrade in its normal "auto" mode. Why introduce yet another set of variables that you have to explain later when things don't go right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.