DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought dishPVR721. I have only one dish pointing to 61.5 satellite to watch international channels. Is it true that i cant get new software updates? if so, what can i do to get new software? I got L103 by taking my receiver to my friend's house to get the software downloaded.

Thanks

Naga

· AllStar
88 Posts
Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
Unfortunately the 721 software updates are only made via the 110 satellite.

Just stay tuned here to DBSTalk and you will know when its time to take your 721 to your friends for an update.
I believe this information isn't correct, and to my understanding the download has been mirrored @ 119 for sometime...

-TheVoice

· Mentor
30 Posts
As I posted in detail at under the topic "Installation hints", I accidently learned today that the software download is through 119 and 721 knows when there is an update and does it on the background as long as PIP is off. The last statement is according to the DISH people.

Ruhi

· Legend
145 Posts
Since when has the software been on 119? This has been my personal beef for some time. I will check my 721 tonight to see if it is now on L103 as I only have access to 119. I sure hope this is correct...but I am skeptical...mk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.