DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called DTV and they are still offering the HD DVR for $299. I have read on this board of some people who said they got a much better deal. Where are these deals and what, if any negotiating power do I have? To me the $299 fee is just not worth it at this point.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
ansky said:
I called DTV and they are still offering the HD DVR for $299. I have read on this board of some people who said they got a much better deal. Where are these deals and what, if any negotiating power do I have? To me the $299 fee is just not worth it at this point.
How long have you been a D* customer?

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
ansky said:
The keys were how good a customer were you already. If you were a customer with better than average subscriptions (either Total Choice Premier or sports subs, for instance), and have been for a few years or more, and have paid bills on time, then they tended to favor you. If you are new, but are talking large subscriptions, then you have a chance.

If you sign up for Total choice family and have low credit report numbers, then you won't be very likely to see a discount.

And nothing is fixed. You can adjust your likelihood of a discount fairly quickly, I think just by subscribing for more and signing up for autopay and then calling every month or so.

Cheers,
Tom

· Hall Of Fame
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have TC+ with HBO, DVR service, 1 add'l receiver, autopay, and been a customer since May 2005. Hopefully the price of the HR20 will drop as it becomes more widely available.

· Godfather
271 Posts
I begged and got no discount.. Be sure to note that it is $299.00 upfront to lease the unit. It must go back to D*TV should you ever cancle your package with them. Somthing sales did not mention to me until I was talking with them post install. It is in all the agreements I checked in after I was hooked. BestBuy / Circut City / Direct from D*TV

I have 4 units / DVR Service / Fox East and West / ESPN Sports Package and no discount..... on lease. Good luck!

· Godfather
311 Posts
Same here... Called them up and didn't get any unusual "consideration" either...

I think this is the case of more demand than supply... They don't have to give you anything right now because they can't even keep them in inventory...

Plus, I don't subscribe to any premium services... I have the Total Choice Plus, an extra receiver, and DVR service... That's it...

But I have been with them for many years without a late payment and excellent credit rating...

I kept the guy on the phone for quite a while to see if he would "bend"... No deals came forth...

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Things were different when they first became available nationwide.

And they will probably be different again when they become widely available once more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.