DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Godfather
289 Posts
briana said:
I don't know if I can still use my superdish or dish 500 reflector for either one. I'd rather find out for sure before I climb up on the roof and start punching holes once again.
Unless you have an obstruction you have to see around, there is no reason to put a dish on the roof. That happened a lot when satellite dishes first came out. Everyone thought of them as an antenna, and when you mount an antenna, the higher the better.

My dish is mounted below the dining room window, where the flowers in the flower bed grow up about even with the LNB. It's not visible from inside the house, almost invisible from outside the house, sits under the house overhang where it is protected from much of the weather, and is easy to clean, service or brush snow off of it. There are no holes in the roof. We tucked the wiring in through a foundation vent and distributed the coax through the crawl space.

Of course, if you have trees or buildings in the way, you do what you have to do. I just see a lot of dishes on the roof, when it was obviously unnecessary to put one there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.