DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been a DTV customer for about 4 years now. I have the old SD DTV TiVo as well as the 5 LNB dish and the new MPEG4 HD box. I am considered an "A-List" customer as well.

I have about 9-10 months left on my current contract with them.

What I'm trying to find out is how I go about calling the customer retention line and getting a free or reasonably priced HR20 HD DVR. I do not want to pay $400 for that thing. I've heard some things about how they will work with you on getting a leased unit for a decent price. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Give them a call and see what they can do for you. You aren't required to take any deal they offer you. If you don't like it, call again and get a different CSR and see what they can do for you. Wash, rinse, repeat.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Give them a call and see what they can do for you. You aren't required to take any deal they offer you. If you don't like it, call again and get a different CSR and see what they can do for you. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Yea it took me 7 calls before I got the free deal.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
matto said:
There's a whole thread somewhere in this forum on HR20 deals.
There is actually any entire forum dedicate to the installation an deals
(See above)

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
It took me a couple of weeks and too many calls to count to get the deal I was content with. But it can be done. Just keep trying until you get what you are looking for and do not give up.

Earl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.