DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Live In Acapulco Mexico, I Want To Know If Any Ofyou Know If Its Posibble To Have Hdtv With Dish Or Direct Tv, A Friend Of Mine Have Regular Dish Network, Works Amazing But It Is Not Hdtv.
Can Someone Help Me.
As Well I Would Like To Know The Equipment I Need. I Know The Hdtv Reciver, But Do I Also Need The Lnb Hdtv? Or With The Regular Lnb Would Work High Definition?

Please Help Me.

Thank You.

·
Icon
687 Posts
If you can legally get Dish in your location you would need a VIP 622 or VIP 211 or 222.

You would need a Dish500 to point at 110/119 and a second dish to point at 61.5 or 129.

Kind of interesting if your below the equator I guess your dish would point north?

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
Mexico is still north of the Equator, but the footprints of the satellites (especially the HD carrying satellites) are not designed to cover there. Aside from legal concerns, it would be a hard service to get.

LNBs are the same for HD and SD ... you will need the latest receivers to get the latest channels.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
James Long said:
Mexico is still north of the Equator, but the footprints of the satellites (especially the HD carrying satellites) are not designed to cover there. Aside from legal concerns, it would be a hard service to get.

LNBs are the same for HD and SD ... you will need the latest receivers to get the latest channels.
So even if my friend its reciving a really good SD dish signal, its possible that i cant get a good hdtv dish signal?
What satellites carry HDTV ?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
There are HD signals at 110°, 129° and 61.5°. Generally speaking the channels on 61.5° are also available on 129° (HD locals vary). 129° and 61.5° would have the most restrictive footprints and are the least likely to leave the US. (People in the US have trouble receiving each satellite, depending on location.)

Is your friend receiving anything from 110° ? Channel 9900 would be a good channel to look for in his guide to see if he can get 110°.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.