DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen may nice posts on entering "Advanced Keyword Searches" on directv receivers, including my HR24. I tried entering it from the onscreen keyboard but I can't figure out how to type an "&". While researching, I noticed some people recommended using the directv app on the iPad which I tried. I could find the "&" key there but even a "Basic" (advanced search) didn't return any results. So to recap my 2 questions:

1) how to enter an & from the onscreen keyboard
2)should I be able to do an "Advanced search" via the ipad app?

Thanks

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
or the number 1 button

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I tried the Hyphen and that did not work.

I entered the following keyword search but it is not yielding any results even though I know there are shows in the guide that should match it. I am trying to record all shows of the SF Giants baseball team on channels 2,11,696

AALL GIANTS EVENTS CCHANS 2 11 696 SPORTS BASEBALL

Thanks
Jon

· Registered
31,115 Posts
Doug Brott said:
An ampersand can be safely omitted from any search strings.
photojon said:

I entered the following keyword search but it is not yielding any results even though I know there are shows in the guide that should match it. I am trying to record all shows of the SF Giants baseball team on channels 2,11,696

Thanks
Jon
Useful tidbits of knowledge! ;)

· Registered
9,461 Posts
photojon said:

Thanks
Jon
That wont work. It either a single channel or a span of channels (2 696). To limit to your three channels, you'll need three Searches.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drucifer said:
That wont work. It either a single channel or a span of channels (2 696). To limit to your three channels, you'll need three Searches.
Thanks. That is interesting because that does not agree with the FAQ on this board: http://hr20.dbstalk.com/docs/Advanced Search FAQ.pdf

which is what I have been following. Are their other items here that are not correct?

· Registered
9,461 Posts

· Registered
9,461 Posts
The '&' text portion are the category and sub-category you can select. You don't enter &.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you to everyone for all the helpful advice. Now one last question. With all this typing, is there a way to use a bluetooth or USB wireless keyboard with and HR24-200?

Thanks again. Much appreciated!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.