DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my system installed about a month ago I had 10 year old TV.

They installed a a H23-700 DVR, so it is HD is Capable.

This week I purchased a new HDTV. I ran the HDMI Cable from the DVR to the TV.

I changed the resolution on the DVR to 720.

What else do I have to do to get the channels to show up in HD, When I go to settings, it says to skip over showing HD channels. How do I change this?

Do I have to reset anything? Or do anything else?

Your input is very valuable to me

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Press MENU > SETTINGS > Display >Preferences > Guide HD Channels > Select either Show all channels or Hide SD Duplicates depending on whether or not you want to see the SD version of channels in your guide.

If you want your series links to record the HD version of shows, you'll need to re-enter them using the HD channel instead of the SD version.

·
Legend
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gpg said:
Press MENU > SETTINGS > Display >Preferences > Guide HD Channels > Select either Show all channels or Hide SD Duplicates depending on whether or not you want to see the SD version of channels in your guide.

If you want your series links to record the HD version of shows, you'll need to re-enter them using the HD channel instead of the SD version.
I tried that, It skips over the option to select HD options. What do I next?

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
PK6301 said:
I tried that, It skips over the option to select HD options. What do I next?
Check your bill online, and make sure you have HD service activated. If you are in an mpeg4 locals market, and are not paying for HD service, it may not be activated. If you arent in an mpeg4 locals market, you should have HD service, since they wont allow an HD receiver/dvr without the service.

You do have an HD dish correct?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.