DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to alternate between tuner one and tuner two while watching channel. I see if I am in PIP I can swap tuners, but how can I easily tell what Tuner 2 is doing when not in PIP(Like recording, etc). My prior Directv Tivo had a button(down arrow) to swap tuners easily. at this point, I see the banner shows you what tuner your using, but I haven't figured out how to switch to the other tuner if I want to(For example if I start recording something on Tuner 1) while tuner 2 is already recording something - obviously at that point my only viewing options would be one of these)

I think I might be one of those people who was used to the Tivo way of doing things, and am trying to figure out the new workflows.

Thanks,

·
Legend
188 Posts
Press the DVR button twice and it will pull up your list of recordings. The other tuner may be above the one you are watching. Just select the recording you want to watch and you can view it live, or start over to view from the beginning of the recording.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
Or, take a look at the Guide. If a channel is being recorded it will show what tuner is being used to record it. Future programs will show what tuners are scheduled to record a program.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Press the PIP swap button. It will switch between the two tuners without bringing up the PIP window. However, what you were watching will continue to play. There is no way to Pause, do a swap, watch the other tuner, and do another swap to return to your paused program.

Ofcourse this only works in single mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.