DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Icon
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kicking around idea of getting a Samsung HL-S5087W I do not use any kind of strereo receiver, HTS etc, just the TV. Looking at these inputs that come on ths tv I can't help but wonder how I would get audio to it if I want to use Compnent Video. If it has no composite inputs, I don't know how I would do that. P4erhaps its just not possible? Surprising to me that there would be no rca inputs, but what do I know? Anyone out there have this tv, how do you like it, any pitfalls etc. Assuming I can get audio, it wuld be nice to know how it operates otherwise.

I guess I am reluctant to use HDMI as I see an entire sticky thread here about problmes with it

# A/V inputs (composite) No

S-video inputs ? 2

Component video inputs ? 2

DVI (Digital Video Interface) ? No

HDMI inputs 2

VGA/SVGA input ? Yes

CableCard No

# RF inputs 1

I see their HL-S5086W does have composite, but much lower contrast ratio. Maybe I am 'stuck' getting that one?

Thx for any advice.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
If it has S-Video and component, it must surely have an analog audio input. Composite refers to composite video; i.e., video that ususally comes in on an RCA jack.

I'll bet anything it has RCA jacks for audio in addition to the others.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Like all HD TVs, the Sammy HL-S5087W has RCA-type L/R (Red/White)
audio inputs that correspond with each set of component video inputs.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
• 3 (2 rear/1 side) A/V composite inputs

I use hdmi wo problem. much nicer connection if it works properly. One wire instead of 5(3 component and 2 audio)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.