DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Second day in a row I have had a work order that called for a swap/replace for an HR-10-250 with an HR-2X-XXX series.

Problem is, both times the Dish Upgrade has not been included on the order.

Has anyone else seen any of Siebel's hiccups like this?

Two days in a row for me here.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
You should definitely call DIRECTV's installation line and insist that they correct the work order. You've most likely had to take time off from work and it's only fair that if you're there, the work order is complete and the installer has everything required to upgrade you.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
MrMojoJojo said:
Drew: chances are that with the OP naming the program used to put together work orders, he is an installer.

And to Incompetent: no, and I have to look at stuff like that quite a bit (CMA).
Ah, I got it ... Now I understand why the OP was so calm! :p

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Well, there you go -- see folks, there are also great, detail-oriented installers out there!

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Yes it is. So many people take pot shots at installers who show up without the right equipment, and rightfully so. Here's a guy who is checking his punch list and finding a pattern of errors, and posting it here.:goodjob:

· Legend
109 Posts
I had two of them today. One was actually a service call generated because the customer was updated with the proper receiver by mail, but it turns out his slimline was shooting into the trees. My second one called for an upgrade receiver, but no slimline. The customer did state he was to receive a new dish. BTW, these upgrades are free to the customer and this is a DTV initiative, not the customer.

· Godfather
499 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
Yes it is. So many people take pot shots at installers who show up without the right equipment, and rightfully so. Here's a guy who is checking his punch list and finding a pattern of errors, and posting it here.:goodjob:
I'm certainly not blaming the installer when he arrives to install a HR DVR and finds no 5 LNB dish. But there should be someone along the line grunting hard to get the size 13 out of their butt. :new_Eyecr

· Hall Of Fame
2,345 Posts
Its the DirecTV Ordering System. Its not adding the dish on some of the swaps/upgrades for only who knows why. The only current way to work around it is to setup 2 work orders. 1 for a dish upgrade and 1 for a receiver upgrade, then specify in the notes the related work order, and hope 1 tech will take both jobs. (Hey, they get paid seperately for each, right ;) )

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the tech calls in to the office before he closes the job then he can get the office to add the line item to the work order before he even starts the job.

A normal swap reciever order doesnt pay diddly, but swapping the dish would actually make the trip worthwile, and under normal circumstances shouldnt take very long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.