DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Godfather
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Hr20 connected to a samsung HD TV, via HDMI.

I just bought Sony KDS-R60XBR2 60 SXRD TV. I was wondering if any users have this TV connected to the Hr20. And what if any problems you had with Hdmi Connections or any other issues.

Just to get a heads up when it gets delivered and I hook it up, What I should expect.

Thanks as always

Rob
Edit title to be more explicit

· Legend
197 Posts
Never have had any HDMI problems with my SXRD!

· Legend
192 Posts
The HR20 does not work with my brother-in-law's new 60A2000 SXRD set. He has it connected via component which works.

All I have tried is the red-button re-boot and it does not recognize HDMI.

The cable is a Monoprice cable.

Is there anything special that you have to do?

· Legend
155 Posts
UncD2000 said:
I don't think you will have any problems. HDMI from the HR20 works fine with my Sony 40XBR2 1080P LCD..
Also works fine when connect directly to my 40 v2500 1080p LCD or indiretly thru my Denon receiver with1080p hdmi pass thru.

However if a set does not support "hdmi copy protection" it is possible that it does not work or might not work for some shows.

· Legend
223 Posts
rsonnens said:
Also works fine when connect directly to my 40 v2500 1080p LCD or indiretly thru my Denon receiver with1080p hdmi pass thru.

However if a set does not support "hdmi copy protection" it is possible that it does not work or might not work for some shows.
Which Denon receiver do you have? I'm looking at the 3806 and the Sony 60" SXRD and was wondering if there are any issues to be aware of. Thanks.

· Godfather
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vsmith30 said:
I have a Sony KDS-R60XBR2 60 SXRD TV hooked up with HDMI and have never had any problems. Incredible picture!
Great An incredible picture is what I am looking for. Cant wait until it gets here probly sometime next week.

· Legend
223 Posts
rlgold88 said:
Why not go all out and buy the dennon 5806
That's about the same difference between a Nissan 350Z and a Porsche 997 twin turbo. My current 3805 works just fine for me and all I'll need is HDMI switching.

· AllStar
68 Posts
My SXRD has worked very well w/ the HR20 and I am using HDMI. The only issue I have is that changing channels - especially the HD channels and the MPEG4's - seems to take several seconds longer since the most recent software download.

Hopefully this issue will be solved quickly since it was never a problem before

· Godfather
314 Posts
cawgijoe said:
The HR20 does not work with my brother-in-law's new 60A2000 SXRD set. He has it connected via component which works.
I have the 50A2000 SXRD and it works fine with HDMI. In fact, I've never had anything else hooked to it. I would try switching the cable just to see if that's the issue.

My SXRD has worked very well w/ the HR20 and I am using HDMI. The only issue I have is that changing channels - especially the HD channels and the MPEG4's - seems to take several seconds longer since the most recent software download.
I have this problem too. It seems to me that the HR20 takes a few seconds to change then the screen on the TV goes black for a while anytime you change the input resolution. I could probably fix that by turning native off but I think it looks better with Native on.

9 Posts
ajwillys said:
I have the 50A2000 SXRD and it works fine with HDMI. In fact, I've never had anything else hooked to it. I would try switching the cable just to see if that's the issue.

I have this problem too. It seems to me that the HR20 takes a few seconds to change then the screen on the TV goes black for a while anytime you change the input resolution. I could probably fix that by turning native off but I think it looks better with Native on.
I have basicially the same setup (55A2000) with HDMI. Other than the slow channel changes (with Native ON), the only other issue I have noticed is that the sound on the HD channels is much lower than on the same SD channels. It is not distorted or anything, just much lower. Have others noticed this?

· Legend
132 Posts
cawgijoe said:

All I have tried is the red-button re-boot and it does not recognize HDMI.

The cable is a Monoprice cable.

Is there anything special that you have to do?
Hmm, my HR20 is connected to my SONY KDS60A2000 via HDMI (original cable from a HR10-250) and it works fine (most of the time -- occasional BSODs but none since 0xFA <imagine a fingers crossed smiley here>). I'm not near the TV now so I can't experiment but I recall someone saying they had to disconnect the component cables in order for HDMI to work. If this is a limitation of the HR20, then that's the problem. Otherwise, I can't imagine why the HDMI wouldn't work. Unless the HDMI port on the HR20 is defective.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.