DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR -20 was working as well as can be. Until I tried to hook up my new Onkyo sr604. The dvd thru hdmi was great but the hr-20 had a red haze everything. Directv blames onkyo & to no suprise onkyo blames DTV.
any help before I return it would be great.

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Yea, the HR20 isn't recognizing that HDMI connection properly. This issue is going to keep comming up until they standardized HDMI. Try using components. HDMI is going to be a great technology. See how I used that in the furture tense? People had the same issue with component cables when they first came out. You can't trust new technologies until they've been standardized.

· Legend
125 Posts
Believe it or not I have a feeling it may be Onkyo on this one. A few of their mid range recievers have problems with certain cable and sat HDMI boxes. The SR604 is one of the ones I have heard mentioned.

I have both my DVD and my HR20 going through my AVR using HDMI and I have no problems at all...... well ok if I have to reset the HR20 sometime it comes on green as its rebooting but turning either the tv or avr on and off fixes that.

As was stated before HDMI is still new its great but it works funny in some situations due to the HDCP handshakes not working well together on from every manufacturer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.