DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had mine for about three weeks. It started with the occasional audio drops, then progressed into freezing while watching recordings and now it has turned into not being able to pause live TV or skip back or play any recordings that I have. This is unbelievable how many problems I have had. I am about to return this piece of @#$%!! Before I lose my cool with Directv, any suggestions on how to handle this problem?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
dallasjetfan said:
I have had mine for about three weeks. It started with the occasional audio drops, then progressed into freezing while watching recordings and now it has turned into not being able to pause live TV or skip back or play any recordings that I have. This is unbelievable how many problems I have had. I am about to return this piece of @#$%!! Before I lose my cool with Directv, any suggestions on how to handle this problem?
Welcome to DBSTalk DallasJetFan!

:welcome_s

Not sure how long you've had your HR-20 in operation but my first suggestion would be to perform a "red button reset" using the cute red button behind the door on the front of the HR-20 the houses the access card.

Have you performed any red button resets since you've had the box?

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost everyday for three weeks!! Now it doesn't even help. Yesterday, while I was watching my Jets trying to secure a playoff spot the thing froze on me 4 times. I reset every time to no avail. i heard the system trying to play my recordings, but it sounded like the hard drive froze.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
dallasjetfan said:
Almost everyday for three weeks!! Now it doesn't even help. Yesterday, while I was watching my Jets trying to secure a playoff spot the thing froze on me 4 times. I reset every time to no avail. i heard the system trying to play my recordings, but it sounded like the hard drive froze.
I've heard of folks having problem with the boxes but I gotta say, I think you have some kind of hardware failure on that box. I would DEFINETLY pack that thing up and send it back.

Best of luck to you.

·
2 Posts
I get signal on both tuners (1 and 2) for about 4 minutes up to 1 hour. Then they degrade to no signal. After I unhook the cable and plug into another DirecTV box the other box shows full signal. I have fully inspected and tested my cables.

A red button reset fixes the problem temporarily and then the same. I have tried the 025468 reset and no luck. DirecTV Advanced Tech believes I aehv a bad HR20 and is sending a tech out. This was a brand new box.

To answer the thread, yes there are some that seem to come out of the box BAD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.