DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
locked during hd playback hit reset then unplugged called tech switched sat cables unplugged did rec down button hold getting replacement next week i hope

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum, anyway. Sorry it had to be under these circumstances.

I have been told that several DirecTV people read this forum... are you noticing the increase in broken units in the last couple of weeks?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
lamontcranston said:
Welcome to the forum, anyway. Sorry it had to be under these circumstances.

I have been told that several DirecTV people read this forum... are you noticing the increase in broken units in the last couple of weeks?
Have you also noticed the increase in users in here the last week...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
That's true - but could the two be related? I'm starting to notice less stability with this build. The number of recordings I am getting that are just black screen are increasing. I just witnessed 1 in progress. The machine had 2 recordings going and one of them was black screen. I canceled both recordings, tested the tuner strength, went back to live tv, and tuned to the program which was black screen without issue, and started recording. Then, thinking there was a problem with the second tuner, I tuned to another station. It did take the tuner awhile, but the station did tune in.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,359 Posts
So is the increased number of posters on the forum leading to more people who can potentially report problems?

Or are increased problems encountered in the subscriber community leading more posters to find this forum?

Hmmm.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
HarleyD said:
So is the increased number of posters on the forum leading to more people who can potentially report problems?

Or are increased problems encountered in the subscriber community leading more posters to find this forum?

Hmmm.
Hmmm. I'm sticking with number 2.

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the welcome guys.i've been a recent lurker. misery enjoys company. i was told by installer back in september i had one of the first units.lockups started soon after. well ok its not tivo but it is the newest technology. ( i told my wife). i lost all my sleeper cells, serenity, and doctor who. at least no 24 yet. well lifes to short happy hoildays to all

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
What I am trying to say...

Other then the Black Screen issues (which have most definently increased), since the 0x10b release... and again, DirecTV is aware of it.

The others have not "spiked" in the same fashion.
And none of them are "new", they have happened before on previous versions.

And it could be a simple as the process of updating the unit, failed.
It happens, it is going to happen, regardless of the software version...

There are going to be people that have issues following a release, that never had problems before.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

Other then the Black Screen issues (which have most definently increased), since the 0x10b release... and again, DirecTV is aware of it.

There are going to be people that have issues following a release, that never had problems before.
I agree that there isn't a demonstrated cause-and-effect relationship here... yet. For now I'm undecided, and I've said in several posts that it could be coincidental. I'll say it here as well.

My point wasn't to say, here's proof of a causal link, it was to say, are you seeing an increase in the failure rate corresponding to the increase in postings here? Rereading the post I can see where it could have been misinterpreted, and I apologize.

·
Legend
216 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

Earl, yer the Fox News of this forum: tons of information but you always get the feeling there is an ulterior motive.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
ouijal said:
Earl, yer the Fox News of this forum: tons of information but you always get the feeling there is an ulterior motive.
What ulterior motive would that be?

·
Legend
216 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
What ulterior motive would that be?
I think rather than get into a long drawn out conversation with you that would have no hope of coming to any conclusion, I will let my statement stand as is. Besides, every man must look inside himself for the truth, it cannot be thrust upon him.

Happy Holidays!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
ouijal said:
I think rather than get into a long drawn out conversation with you that would have no hope of coming to any conclusion, I will let my statement stand as is. Besides, every man must look inside himself for the truth, it cannot be thrust upon him.

Happy Holidays!
Fair enough, thanks for throwing it out there though.

·
Godfather
271 Posts
ouijal said:
I would have to say that if there was a motive it would be that he could get up and go to work the next day. I would guess that since he seems to enjoy working for DBSTalk that should D*TV, Dish or any of the other corps that are reviewed here come down hard on DBSTalk about one of his post's he might be looking for new work.

I would say Earl tries to be "fair" but still needs to remain slightly tilted towards the provider's/equipment manufactures to avoid the wrath of big America. Which could cause him pain suffering and the forced sending of hundreds of resumes so he can continue to provide himself and possible loved ones food an shelter.

I myself certainly wish I had been in touch with this forum prior to the my purchase of a HR-20 because I would have not done it. Earl's advise and the posts of this community have taken me from and angry D*TV ..to someone who is beginning to wait for D*TV to come around to provide the services it seems their clients expect.

At least with this DBSTalk and Earl and the community I don't have to wait alone.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Thank you DblD...

However, I don't work for DirecTV, and do DBSTalk as a hobby.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Who was it that once said "Misery loves company"? :p

·
Legend
200 Posts
Nick said:
Who was it that once said "Misery loves company"? :p
Ummm, a lonely, miserable person?:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Godfather
271 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Thank you DblD...

However, I don't work for DirecTV, and do DBSTalk as a hobby.
Your are most welcome.

But dude, if you do this for free and average 25 post a day we need to find you a better half! Can we start a general discussion about finding Earl a friend... ?

:eek2:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
DblD_Indy said:
Your are most welcome.

But dude, if you do this for free and average 25 post a day we need to find you a better half! Can we start a general discussion about finding Earl a friend... ?

:eek2:
I'm afraid Earls better half might be upset if you tried to find him another better half. Best to leave that one alone. :) Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.