DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HR21 in my bedroom, last night when I was going to bed I noticed I couldn't watch any recordings. I clicked on a recording and it would start and end instantly, even for recordings I had watched in the past.

So I started a reboot and went to sleep. (Reboot via the menu).
Woke up this morning and it said my HR21 had been upgraded, ok fine. But when I go into my recorded programs, NOTHING! Everything is gone. 1TB of recordings... poof.

All of my settings including what to record is gone as well, like I put a new drive in it. The drive that's in there has been working great for a year or so. Anyone ever seen anything like this?

· Icon
985 Posts
It happens every so often,thats why i miss my hd tivo i never had those kinds of problems with tivo. On the other hand when the hr21 works it can be pretty darn good. sometines though you''ll lose your recordings for some reason or other but i must admit it hasnt happened to me in over a month.

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
Bly said:
I have an HR21 in my bedroom, last night when I was going to bed I noticed I couldn't watch any recordings. I clicked on a recording and it would start and end instantly, even for recordings I had watched in the past.

Woke up this morning and it said my HR21 had been upgraded, ok fine. But when I go into my recorded programs, NOTHING! Everything is gone. 1TB of recordings... poof.

All of my settings including what to record is gone as well, like I put a new drive in it. The drive that's in there has been working great for a year or so. Anyone ever seen anything like this?
Now you know why a hard drive isn't meant for permanent storage sorry it was the hard way to learn.:)

· Registered
2,570 Posts
Bly said:

First you probably got the new NR. Was it x0251? Now you said 1TB, which means you have an extenal drive. That can happen from time to time. Sorry to hear about that. Remeber esata is still not a "supported" feature by D*

· Registered
16,423 Posts
jal said:
Well, I got an HR21 to replace an HR20 with a dying hard drive. Within the first few days of the "new" HR21, two BSODs and, as a result, missed recordings. Can't Directv get this right?
What is it you are referring to as a BSOD?

The HR2X's don't actually have a Blue Screen Of Death.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.