DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Demand is now available for the HR-21. The DirecTV web site says I need two adapters to use it (one for my router, one for the HR-21), and that a standard power strip won't work, etc. But, there are no instructions anywhere, except a caution that the HR-21 connector has 5 volts on it.

So, what is the installation story? I take it that I can't simply plug a CAT5 cable into it from my router to the HR-21, or I'd fry something -- or can I? Is there some installation manual or discussion available -- DirecTV technical support contact had no experience with it.

TIA for helping, anyone.

Stan

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
The information you speak of at the DIRECTV website refers to powerline adapters for people who don't have CAT5 at their DVR.

·
Legend
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
The information you speak of at the DIRECTV website refers to powerline adapters for people who don't have CAT5 at their DVR.
So, it turned out -- just plain normal. I ran a CAT5 line from my router to the HR21-PRO, and -- no problem; it just behaved normally, with the router's facilities assigning the I P address, etc.

Now, all we need is a ton of good programming.

Stan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.