DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best Buy is selling HR21 HD Dvr's for $169.00 as of today, they are leased units but they were selling for $199.00 yesterday. I just purchased one myself, tonight. It is the cheapest I have found even when comparing to deals on Ebay.

·
Icon
578 Posts
mrcon0728 said:
Best Buy is selling HR21 HD Dvr's for $169.00 as of today, they are leased units but they were selling for $199.00 yesterday. I just purchased one myself, tonight. It is the cheapest I have found even when comparing to deals on Ebay.
Yep - got one myself. HR21-100 even though the add says HR21-600.

Imagine my surprise when it rang up 169.99 even though the tag said 199.99. :hurah:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
pbadss said:
Activating one of these still triggers the 2 year commitment, right? Is there an advantage to buying it through Best Buy if DTV offers it to me for $99?
There is no advantage of buying one through Best Buy if DirecTV offers you one for $99.

·
Legend
118 Posts
is that a special deal from Directv for everybody?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
sp44 said:
is that a special deal from Directv for everybody?
Some people see it after they log in and choose "Add Receiver" and some don't. I still see $199 price due to my getting many discounts in the past year.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Got a cold call from DirecTV yesterday offering to upgrade 2 of my current HD receivers with DVR receivers...no cost, professional installation, no commitment. They even included a new 5LNB dish even though I already have one.:rolleyes:

I figure that it means new models are coming out and they want to reduce inventory of older ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.