DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,674 Posts
you don't need SWM, but to get all the hd channels you need a slimline dish. slimline dish does not always have SWM built it.
for example, until yesterday, I ran the 4 wires out of my au9s dish to a multiswitch and to 3 dvr's. for just 1 dvr you do not need the switch.

you can run 2 wires out of an au9s dish into your hr22 (using the BBC's included) and you are all set.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
veryoldschool said:
Two coax feeds from the dish and "you're set". SWM just makes it easier since it only needs one cable.
Thanks!!
I see that there are 4 outputs from the dish. Any 2 can make it? And this 2 should be connected one to the satellite in 1, and the other to satellite in 2? Without bbc converter?
Thaks again

· Registered
5,674 Posts
navajo said:
Thanks!!
I see that there are 4 outputs from the dish. Any 2 can make it? And this 2 should be connected one to the satellite in 1, and the other to satellite in 2? Without bbc converter?
Thaks again
any 2 will work, yes to sat 1 and sat 2, but you DO need the bbc's if you have an HD package.

· Hall Of Fame
1,510 Posts
BBCs are free from DirecTV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.